KOVR Picks up KYW Hothaus Graphics

TSSZNews

It makes me wonder if the Pride Collection (or some form like it...like WBBM's custom theme) may be jammed down all the O&Os at some point.

-T

I hope it doesn't slide through the doors of WJZ or KDKA. Glad that KTVT drop that 'CCO crap for Newsforce.

Weren't they using Pride Collection before this? (They adopted an Arnold theme and thus had to change over) I doubt it's a groupwide move.

Seeing this look, though, gives me more of an appreciation of the KYW graphics than ever before. They seem to have made pretty brutal in-house modifications to the look, and they don't have a lot of the flourishes that KYW has on their animations. I think KOVR is using less capable hardware for their chyrons, which explains why. I do prefer the font KOVR is using (Interstate) over KYW's Myriad.

I hope it slides through the doors of KCNC. musicforinformation fits better with their GFX than Newstime does.

And it doesn't need to go to 'JZ. Chroma Cues has been there in some form for 21 years and I don't want it to go.

Archived