TV Ark Returns...

Jess

I nearly gave up on them but this is great! Thanks TV-ark..love the British stuff too...ITN and BBC are the best!

Love what I've seen there.

Just curious, I noticed WNBC is organized into the New York page, and since they added WPVI clips as well, why not have that station and WTXF (a.k.a. FOX 29) organized under a separate Philly page.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Look What I Just Saw In The USA Section, Under The International Section On TV-Ark.org.uk, More Than 100 Clips From Yesterday And Today, From TV Stations In New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, San Francisco, Sacramento, Seattle, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Portland ME, Portland OR, Boise, Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Fresno, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Hampton Roads, Cleveland, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, And More...

Look What I Just Saw In The USA Section, Under The International Section On TV-Ark.org.uk, More Than 100 Clips From Yesterday And Today, From TV Stations In New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit, San Francisco, Sacramento, Seattle, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Portland ME, Portland OR, Boise, Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Fresno, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Hampton Roads, Cleveland, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, And More...

The U.S. Section of TVArk has'nt even been restored yet.

Though it IS a positive sign to see further restoration. FYI during the previous era some of the content (specifically one or two of the NY stations) was "roped off" and required manual URL entry to get through to.

...ok

Many months ago this person sent me a much longer, yet similar message via the "report post" button. It was more like a list of demands as to what needs to be on TVArk.

I banned them then for abusing the button, now they're banned for ban evasion.

:smash:

Many months ago this person sent me a much longer, yet similar message via the "report post" button. It was more like a list of demands as to what needs to be on TVArk.

I banned them then for abusing the button, now they're banned for ban evasion.

:smash:

To be fair, there IS going to be a significant expansion soon and the current setup has been taken offline.

• 4 months later...

*trumpet flourishes*

No kidding. This is the motherlode of items. Some are duplicates from YouTube or the NewsActive3 collection, but others I've NEVER seen!

*The KMAX 31 News Nightcast promo uses the same music as one that WSVN had...

*The KSEE 24 1988 and 1994 opens (though I question the date on #2) are previously unknown themes!

I've sent some information about dates (which TV Ark sorely needs – they've got lots of ?s and some mis-dated pieces) to them.

Some of these date errors are egregious: a promo with the six-feather NBC peacock from WXIA being dated to 1985 (87 at the earliest!), a KPNX promo dated to 1988 when it's probably from 1994, and a KARE talent open claimed to be from 1990 but with the Third Street Music package (hello, 1995 at least).

I've already sent TV Ark a package of dates to put in their file...

Some of these date errors are egregious: a promo with the six-feather NBC peacock from WXIA being dated to 1985 (87 at the earliest!), a KPNX promo dated to 1988 when it's probably from 1994, and a KARE talent open claimed to be from 1990 but with the Third Street Music package (hello, 1995 at least).

I've already sent TV Ark a package of dates to put in their file...

The WCPX "Where Will We Take You Tonight" promo is labeled 1984... it's actually from 95 or 96

Are there any more dates that need clarification or additions? And anything that would clearly benefit from a description?

Yes, this is meant to flesh out the site's accuracy and descriptions.

KCNC: First two from 1985, last one from 1997 (references a hostage situation that took place on Christmas Eve)

KPIX Best Place for News promo: 1997 (requires a change in the order of the section)

KSBW Action News 8: 1987 (earliest)

KXTV (only promo): 1996

WBAL "11 News" (w/Hearst package): 1996

WCCO 10pm Report: 1985

WKYC Ch 3 News "1983": 1990

WTVJ (only open): 1985

KIRO and WTOL have We've Got the Touch material that is from the 1984-5 season.

There is significant overlap between the restored TVArk and the NewsActive3 collection. For instance, some of the KFSN stuff appeared in part 49.

There are some broken sections: KFDM, WMAQ.

Archived