New NBC O&O Brandings

ChicagosNewsChannel

Oh no...don't tell us that NBC is preparing for a ITV style of local branding, how Thames/Carlton/LWT became ITV London. I prefer watching the Channel 4 News, not NBC LA News or News 4 New York not NBC New York News.

What fun will Jeff Zucker roll out with next.....

The NBC O&Os branding like ITV or CBC is totally ludicrous idea!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Don't use hotmail 2) WTF is Upoc 3) Nate, its a joke.

We know you think you work for the CTA. You spammed in that thread, and we know it. You can't possibly think that we're that gullible to take whatever you say as the truth.

Yes I work for the CTA. It is so fun driving the trains and making their horns beep. Dumbass.

On CTA Alerts, if I block that insufferable, arrogant dipsh*t "lazynbc5junkie" (who used to call himself ChicagoAnchorman), will his obnoxious, unnecessary posts still show up on UPOC's CTA Alerts page? Is it a block only via SMS or the Web page too?

Interestingly, he's now claiming to work for the CTA, even though his profile says he's 15 (and he acts 15).

http://www.ctatattler.com/2008/04/weekend-cta-upd.html

And he's silent on the question.

I just cannot fathom how pathetic one's life must be to take actions such as these.

Hell, look how much he went out of his way to try to get us to believe that he was a floor director at MAQ. We knew he was lying to us right off the bat:

- NBCUni doesn't hire anybody under the age of 18

- It's a union shop. (negating where he claimed he help in post)

- Nobody with the name of "Dylan Oakes" has an ID there. (Required for any moving body in the Tower.)

From the looks of it, he tried to pull off his little foamer fantasy on the Transit folks by claiming he was a motorman for the CTA. I would include some clever little pun about how he failed to cover his tracks, but I'll spare you.

Sad, really.

- Nobody with the name of "Dylan Oakes" has an ID there. (Required for any moving body in the Tower.)

http://nbc-tower.com/services/index.php

OneFacility is a secure centralized website for the tenants of NBC Tower. Through this site tenants can:

• Manage directory listings for their employees

• Manage access control for their employees

• Program elevator access to their floor

• View building confidential notices posted by management

• View emergency staff information

• View emergency contact numbers

• View the tenant guide/handbook

• Additional features will be added in the future.

Yep it's true.

Injecting some sense into this thread...

I thought it was common knowledge that NBC was bringing the websites back in house - and that WNBC was getting the domain nbcnewyork.com as part of that new 24/7 news channel. If WNBC's getting that domain changed, then it's reasonable to assume that these will be the new domains for all of the O&Os when the new sites launch.

It doesn't necessarily mean that all the stations will be going with this branding on-air. It seems similar to the MyFox sites than anything - and those stations didn't adopt "Fox City Name" branding either.

But it doesn't mean that it WON'T, given this article that I saw at the IDOPROMOZ blog. It's a very stupid idea if true... but it's only a rumor at this stage...

Archived