NBC 10... on a temp set?

Jess

In a market where antiquity is king' date=' don't expect 10 to ditch their signature. If ANYTHING, look for something a la WRC and their Tower w/ Working For You sig. Not saying 10 is getting Tower, but if they change to another music pack, it's going to include their sound.[/quote']

I can assure you that signature is going no where.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I'm afraid is gonna happen. What would scare me even more is that WVIT would get the KNBC set when the new building is completed later in the fall.

I'm trying (within the context of forum policy) to reassure you that it's not going to happen.

They're expecting a November debut now. I've been told this by several people over that way.

There's no way they're two months behind schedule.

I've been told a few times now late September -- with the official beginning of the fall season.

There's no way they're two months behind schedule.

I've been told a few times now late September -- with the official beginning of the fall season.

I can corroborate that. I've heard many times now that they want to get this done by the end of the month.

I cannot say for 100%, as I have not been there to see it myself, but I was told by two people in different departments, but who would be directly knowledgeable about the issue. I think part of it is the Overdrive automation getting installed and the other part is NBC with their money issues. I was kinda surprised when I was told the set was going to be 2-3 months when I heard it a few weeks ago, but I was told that again just this week. *shrug*

I cannot say for 100%' date=' as I have not been there to see it myself, but I was told by two people in different departments, but who would be directly knowledgeable about the issue. I think part of it is the Overdrive automation getting installed and the other part is NBC with their money issues. I was kinda surprised when I was told the set was going to be 2-3 months when I heard it a few weeks ago, but I was told that again just this week. *shrug*[/quote']

Well the 2nd part I can confirm to be not true. From what I've heard, NBC is pouring a lot of money towards the upgrades they are putting in at 10. I'm still not at liberty to say who the designer of the new set is cause I was told that in confidence but if you were to find out, there'd be no question that they weren't cutting corners here.

If NBC 10 does get a new set, I hope it's the WNBC version. I like that set. The KNBC set just doesn't do it for me.

They are getting a new set (I believe we established that by now). The set they are getting isn't a retread of anyone else's.

In fact this would be the first local news set they've done if my memory serves me correctly.

Another thing. Bars it sounds like your source was speaking in regards to what the original construction timeline was. They were supposed to begin construction in July but it obviously was pushed back by a month and a half.

That's not the case. I was specifically told "November" twice in the last week, from both management and production staff sides and there was an indication of delay. I've been through enough set builds to see odd delays, and, heck, even through a station relocation that had massive roadblocks. Perhaps the set construction will go quicker and the automation will take longer. Guess we'll find out when we see it!

That's not the case. I was specifically told "November" twice in the last week' date=' from both management and production staff sides and there was an indication of delay. I've been through enough set builds to see odd delays, and, heck, even through a station relocation that had massive roadblocks. Perhaps the set construction will go quicker and the automation will take longer. Guess we'll find out when we see it![/quote']

Hmm. That is interesting then. One would think though, if all that would hold them up is automation, they could easily delay that and launch everything else. Keep in mind they are sorta under the gun being that they are the last major station in the market to go HD.

If they are installing automation, I can see why they may not be completely done until November. If they arn't installing automation, however, I can't see how it would take them that long to be done with the project. WTAE in Pittsburgh completely gutted their studio at the end of July '07 and FX Group was done rebuilding the studio by the end of August.

If they are installing automation, I can see why they may not be completely done until November. If they arn't installing automation, however, I can't see how it would take them that long to be done with the project. WTAE in Pittsburgh completely gutted their studio at the end of July '07 and FX Group was done rebuilding the studio by the end of August.

Exactly. Set construction usually doesn't take but a few weeks.

That picture is oldddddddd son.

Yeah that is a prehistoric (ca. 2004-5) set proposal from Express Group. Back when 10 redid the weather center, there was talk of redoing the news area as well but it was eventually scrapped (I believe money was an issue, this was just around the time of NBCU announcing they were pretty far in the red).

Simply put, Express isn't doing 10's set.

Anywho if you go to this page and click on design proposal and click on #3 you'll see what Express had in mind for 10.

http://theexpressgroup.com/stage2/index.htm

wcaumiami.jpg

Yeah that is a prehistoric (ca. 2004-5) set proposal from Express Group. Back when 10 redid the weather center, there was talk of redoing the news area as well but it was eventually scrapped (I believe money was an issue, this was just around the time of NBCU announcing they were pretty far in the red).

Simply put, Express isn't doing 10's set.

Anywho if you go to this page and click on design proposal and click on #3 you'll see what Express had in mind for 10.

http://theexpressgroup.com/stage2/index.htm

wcaumiami.jpg

Ew no! This would've been a terrible choice! I'm glad it'll come out better than this. Can't wait to see it.

Archived