NBC 10... on a temp set?

Jess

Not to raise everyone's hopes and dreams, but it's starting to look like the main studio is being gutted.

The 4pm news was just done from the 10! show studios. While it doesn't look like they have a desk to sit at, it does work for news very well. They also seem to have moved the podium desk into those studios. Glenn is still at the weather center but it looks desolate and they're seeming to limit the camera shots considerably...

UPDATE: The 6pm was done from the 10! studios as well. All That & More runs at 5pm so they already use the 10! studios. They aren't making mention of any studio change and in fact they tossed from the 5 to 6 using graphics, pretending the anchors are in separate studios rather than standing a few feet apart. The weather center is still active, and it is in the same studio but in a different part of it. It's newer and probably can be easily rehabbed to work in HD - if, in fact, the studio's being retooled for it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to raise everyone's hopes and dreams, but it's starting to look like the main studio is being gutted.

The 4pm news was just done from the 10! show studios. While it doesn't look like they have a desk to sit at, it does work for news very well. They also seem to have moved the podium desk into those studios. Glenn is still at the weather center but it looks desolate and they're seeming to limit the camera shots considerably...

It'll be interesting to see where they will do 17's newscast from. The podium the Hulkie mentioned is being used for 2 anchor shots. I doubt the weather center will be intact much longer.

Here are some snap shots from today:

WCAU4PM-2008-08-26-0 (03).jpg

WCAU4PM-2008-08-26-0 (04).jpg

WCAU6PM-2008-08-26-0 (02).jpg

WCAU4PM-2008-08-26-0.jpg

WCAU6PM-2008-08-26-0.jpg

WCAUATAM-2008-08-26-0.jpg

I caught like two seconds of NBC 10 News @ 6 before Nightly News started... that's when Tim Lake usually gives a tease of what's up next for Nightly News... and I saw him on the 10! studios... anyways, it is nice to see them do the news on that set and have a podium desk instead. I like the 10! and All that and More studio... it's very refreshing to look at rather than having a set with a big desk, big plasma screens . I'm not saying this should be permanent. It's just it's a nice change. Plus I like how it's not a total replica of the "Windows to your world" type studios that many stations have done for 10 or so years.

I'm sure CAU is proud to be the first [st]station[/st] NBC outlet in the Philly DMA to have news in HD.

Srsly, tho, I'm excited to see the new set (if there is one). TBH, I've really liked their current set. For being the oldest in market, it's held up well.

I'm sure CAU is proud to be the first [st]station[/st] NBC outlet in the Philly DMA to have news in HD.

Srsly, tho, I'm excited to see the new set (if there is one). TBH, I've really liked their current set. For being the oldest in market, it's held up well.

Yes they beat out WMGM!

Anywho from what I'm hearing you will be in for a treat as far as the set is concerned.

11pm was at the 10! studios. I think it's official - the new set is finally under construction.

I thought the set was good when they started using it. When it started to age, and when they started to tweak it, then it started losing quite a bit of its charm. Getting rid of the big stand-up screen and putting in a plasma monitor was really a bad idea because it destroyed the sense of scale the set had.

I can confirm for you that the main studio was closed off as of today, and work is underway on the new set. Producers are now being trained in the new HD control room.

So the mystery still remains. What's the deal with the weather center? Did they move it to another studio?

So the mystery still remains. What's the deal with the weather center? Did they move it to another studio?

or for that newscast on 17 tonight, which looked about as normal as possible, with Jade at what appeared to be the main sports desk?

Although to be fair, the 11pm was entirely confined to the 10! studio, and it's the first one since the temp set started yesterday to NOT feature the weather center in any shape or form.

The weather center will stay intact for a few weeks, though they are relocating some of the components slowly.

Back to the hallway, lol....It's awesome to see 10 finally to get their new set. I can't wait to see it! Does anyone have an idea of a debut date?

In a market where antiquity is king, don't expect 10 to ditch their signature. If ANYTHING, look for something a la WRC and their Tower w/ Working For You sig. Not saying 10 is getting Tower, but if they change to another music pack, it's going to include their sound.

Archived