Weather Channel Changes?

Guest Junk Junk

Guest Junk Junk

The studio/weather center looks really dark behind the anchors. Does anyone know if there are any changes in store for the Weather Channel?

The studio/weather center looks really dark behind the anchors. Does anyone know if there are any changes in store for the Weather Channel?

Hmm...wasn't there supposed to be a "re-branding" sometime this month?

As for the set in the back, the Global Forecast Center, I have noticed it has been dark...

Yeah, they put up a dark tinted window over the GFC last Thursday, and it has remained up ever since. Apparently someone realized how ugly the camera shot looked with that, and a directive has apparently been issued to avoid showing it by using the side camera for the two-person shots; this is the camera that is normally used for one-person shots, with the background for the two-person shot being both backdrops, the TWC logo, and a pillar. Apparently the normal two-person camera has even been locked down; they accidentally switched to it during a master control broadcast the other day, and the camera was aiming at the base of the desk. They have also avoided using studio shots when coming from/going to break so that the GFC cannot be seen. The only time it can be seen is at the top of every hour of Your Weather Today when the travel analyst does her part of teaser. One thing I noticed from today's show is that the GFC meteorologists are still working back there, but the lighted background on the wall can no longer be seen; I wonder if replacing that background is all this work entails. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

I think that they should just re-model the whole set. It is very ugly, IMO. The lighting on the pillars, and every thing sucks. The studio looks very un-balanced. They have alternatives//such as the Weekend View, First Outlook, and Abrams and Bettes sets, so they can use those if/when they re-model.

As for the change. TWC is going into HD by the end of this year...so what we have been thinking, is that they are going to change probably at the end of the year. I havn't recieved an eMail back from the PR manager at TWC yet..so who knows.

TWC needs a globe or world map that spans the Global Forecast Center in order to tie everything together. They had that in the late '90s and it looked terrific.

I agree that the current set-up seems disorganized and needs a refresh. It seems like they are up to something. They could do something really cool. Right now it's very bland, with the exception of the "First Edition" set and some of the other individual show sets, which they've done a nice job with.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they're still not showing the Global Forecast Center on the air unless they have to (basically just the Your Weather Today opening teaser). Obviously the source that said TWC would be relaunching in January was wrong or spoke too soon. We'll just have to wait and see how this all turns out.

Yea, I actually contacted TWC...and I will probably not ever contact the source I did. She told me January (as I had read it at the actualy TWCMB)... this was way back when (October-ish I want to say), and I contacted her I want to say 3 more times, just about general questions..and she ever replied back.

....but another VERY reliable source tells me that HD is coming by the end of the year.... so.... Hopefully everything will change then.

TWC has one of the most disorganized studio's I have ever seen.

I think their are some hints that this new Epic show is HD...not quite sure if it is though.. ???

Archived