Question in regards to KTTV's 10AM Newscast

stevieboy247

Of course, FOX 11 now has an 10AM newscast, and the only station in Los Angeles to do so. But for how much longer? I'm thinking that another L.A. TV Station could soon follow.

Do you guys think so?

This is perhaps a result of the Today show now airing at 10am, maybe KTLA or KCAL could jump on this!

I don't think any other station will do a 10am newscast. KTLA might, but KTTV has big numbers at 10am. They (KTTV) have been at it longer. I was also thinking that KCOP (MY 13 and KTTV's sister station) could do one, but that would mean dumping some syndicated shows to make room for it.

I don't think any other station will do a 10am newscast. KTLA might, but KTTV has big numbers at 10am. They (KTTV) have been at it longer. I was also thinking that KCOP (MY 13 and KTTV's sister station) could do one, but that would mean dumping some syndicated shows to make room for it.
KTTV has only had a 10 AM news since July 14. Three is never any overlap of scheduled newscasts between Fox 11 and My 13.

CBS 2 airs "Price is Right", ABC 7 "The View", NBC 4 "Today". They'll never have a newscast at 10 AM. That leaves only KCAL 9 or KTLA. KCAL has never aired news prior to Noon.

KTTV has only had a 10 AM news since July 14. Three is never any overlap of scheduled newscasts between Fox 11 and My 13.

CBS 2 airs "Price is Right", ABC 7 "The View", NBC 4 "Today". They'll never have a newscast at 10 AM. That leaves only KCAL 9 or KTLA. KCAL has never aired news prior to Noon.

And KTLA's news dept has been hurting for some time.....but who knows

I would like to see KTLA add a noon newscast. Only KCAL has one now and I think there's room for another station. Adding a 10am newscast in my opinion is overkill. Do you really need 5 1/2 hours of consecutive news?

I would think the smart thing to do would be to have the newscast at 11am instead of 10, so they could give KABC, KCBS, and KNBC a run for their money. Then again, it might not work. KABC has The View. KNBC has the fourth hour of The Today Show. KCBS has The Price is Right.

Archived