ABC7's Leslie Sykes swaps from weekends to weekdays after 9 years...

ABC7 Los Angeles

I just hope that Jovana Lara doesn't get fired, or anyone else, for that matter. Maybe Philip Palmer just wants to do the morning show. I think they'll promote Lisa Hernandez to the weekend evening slot. I was also thinking Leslie Miller could get it. I just hope that no one gets fired.

I just hope that Jovana Lara doesn't get fired, or anyone else, for that matter. Maybe Philip Palmer just wants to do the morning show. I think they'll promote Lisa Hernandez to the weekend evening slot. I was also thinking Leslie Miller could get it. I just hope that no one gets fired.

Same here...ABC7's news teams don't change often...hopefully it remains that way.

Same here...ABC7's news teams don't change often...hopefully it remains that way.

Yea, I agree. When it comes to change on the ABC7 news team i.e. new people, I have a hard time accepting them until I get used to them or if they're actually good. No one currently at ABC7 deserves to get fired, hopefully it stays that way too.

Yea' date=' I agree. When it comes to change on the ABC7 news team i.e. new people, I have a hard time accepting them until I get used to them or if they're actually good. No one currently at ABC7 deserves to get fired, hopefully it stays that way too.[/quote']

at last check...Jovana was reporting at 4pm, well at least she still is there.

I love Leslie Sykes and am glad she'll be anchoring everyday. Too bad I'm at school during most middays; I'll really miss seeing her on early weekend afternoons and evenings. She has at least one child (saw him on air one day), so it should be a nice schedule adjustment for her. I would imagine that Lisa Hernandez is the most suitable replacement. Leslie Miller is not bad, but I am not a huge fan of hers. She seems a little too rigid in her presentation to me.

Perhaps Jovana Lara is going out on leave soon? I know she's had a few children already.

I didn't get a chance to see a whole lot of the local news yesterday evening or this evening, but Jovana was at the anchor desk when I watched at 11. Maybe they did another anchor swap like Brown/Tuzee and Ono/Leyva. Odd, but I'm sure with good reason.

If Leslie and Jovana swap positions and Jovana gets weekend evenings, I think it'll be good. I'll still watch ABC 7. I think Jovana does well with Micah Olman. I know he fills in for Philip Palmer (and David Ono when David did the 11am show) from time to time. Hopefully, this won't cause ABC 7's ratings to drop. I wonder why Jovana won't be doing the 11am show. I know she has at least two young children. She might want to spend more time with them. I also seem to recall the last time I saw Jovana, she looked pregnant. Maybe, she's going on maternity leave again. Regardless of what happens, I hope nobody leaves or gets fired.

Archived