NBC Olympic Graphics

WAVY 10 Fan

The IOC host broadcaster, in this case, "Beijing Olympic Broadcaster", provides the feed, with the official scores and results, so everyone has to use them to avoid scoring errors I presume.

The IOC host broadcaster, in this case, "Beijing Olympic Broadcaster", provides the feed, with the official scores and results, so everyone has to use them to avoid scoring errors I presume.

Yeah, I noticed that when I saw the USA-Spain basketball game yesterday. That was the one thing that annoyed me about the presentation...and that was after walking out because I was happy to hear "Roundball Rock" again.

I think all Olympics since 2000 have used some sort of IOC-created gfx package for competitions. I think it's IOC and not the host country because the 2000, 2002, and 2004 games used the same stuff, and the graphics for 06 and this year are basically variations of that. There's also a generic open and theme, but broadcasters don't have to use that.

Which I think is kind of a shame because they are leagues behind the graphics that NBC has been doing.

As for the updated open - NBC usually does that in the second week. I remember 04 and 06 featuring updates.

One thing I miss about this year's olympics is the extended opening each evening. In the past you got a short bit of the end of "Bugler's Dream" heard at the link below with the "America's Olympic Network" ID, before launching into a montage of spectacular aerial shots of the area. This year we just get 5 seconds of "Bugler's Dream" before they launch right into the voiced bits. You'd think with thousands of hours of coverage they'd still have time for that, but I guess not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/media/sample.m3u/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1_smpl?ie=UTF8&catalogItemType=track&ASIN=B0019M1XKO&CustomerID=AW3Y2JNBNZN1S&DownloadLocation=CD

Archived