Bill Evans Live From His Backyard

Vlad

Apparently Bill Evans, has been off the weather wall for the past couple of days because of an injury on his leg. Apparently he broke or fractured his leg. So for the past few days WABC has been airing a promo, promoting on how he will be doing the weather report from his own backyard, starting on Monday during Eyewitness News This Morning at 5AM.

That's so incredibly stupid. I mean, do they think people care that much about the personalities, that they have to create a setup at his house for him? Are they that reliant on talent for ratings?

That's so incredibly stupid. I mean, do they think people care that much about the personalities, that they have to create a setup at his house for him? Are they that reliant on talent for ratings?

The man wants to work. Whats so stupid about that. What is stupid is playing softball when you're that out of shape.

Um, without out calling you stupid...Yes, stations rely on talent for ratings. Most certainly the weather people--you know, the most popular segment in local news.

I'm sure you've been in the business awhile and are aware of how the business works.

I think this move is incredibly SMART. Why not, it's summertime and it certainly will not hurt them but maybe even give them a bump. Saves the station money for a period of time of having to bring somebody in while he's away for a few weeks healing.

Plus, it's morning news---this kind of stuff is acceptable.

Personally I think it's kind of cool. It's something you can look back on, I mean TV stations may have done weirder stuff 30 years ago and people consider that the "Golden Age." The man has to eat, so why not?

Though I think it's a little bit silly for them to make a deal out of it by running promos.

If any other station did this, say WCBS or WNYW people would think it's the stupidest thing ever. But I suppose WABC can do no wrong. Yes, I admit the promo's are absolutely crazy to be hyping him from his backyard....seems like such a waste of resources. Now you know the summer is really slow!

Long ago, many moons in the city of motors, the sun god of news was stricken...and thus for one day at 5pm WXYZ did ACTION NEWS AT 5 with Bill Bonds in his hospital bed at home..

And lets not forget the night KTRK's legendary MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-VIN ZIN-DLER doing what would be his final reports from his hospital bed before he sadly passed.

Eyewitness News Now got a makeover:

snapshot20080825fn0.th.jpgsnapshot200808250000xq9.th.jpg

Much nicer than the ugly ones from before, at this point, WABC needs a music change and perhaps a mild set change or even an upgrade, (but that will not occur for quite sometime), once that occurs, WABC will be in my opinion up to par at what a flagship station is supposed to be. They've improved significantly over the past few months.

he looks ridiculous. He should be in the weather center and not in front of the chroma key with crutches like that. God what an ego! get over yourself bill Evans.

Yeah, I haven't watched Eyewitness News in quite a while, and I found it pretty laughable that they'd done this. Couldn't they just have him voiceover the weather graphics, like after the fire?

Yeah, what's the deal now? Bill is in-studio from 5 - 7, then does the cut-ins for the first hour of GMA, but then Jeff Smith does the second hour cut-ins after 8 a.m.

That means poor (but hot) Jeff Smith is working 7 days a week!

Is Evans leaving early because he's "disabled" ?

Archived