Worst News Operation

FirstNews8

...and that's a bad thing?

No, in fact I kinda like that. No loud, flashy graphics, monotonous 615 packages (I'm not a fan of 615's more recent work, like "Right Here, Right Now" or "Propulsion"), or excessive network branding. Just simple, mellowed-out presentation.

I cannot believe that we're talking about Worst News Operation and not mention KIEM. Horrible Graphics from the 1980's that they still use today in 2008!, Horrible, Shotty and Lazy Website and lackluster and laughable presentation. If That doesn't say WORST News operation I really Don't know what will.

And it looks right out of 1998. And they still have a 9/11 ribbon in the corner!

The Eureka market seems pretty bad as a whole. The CBS station doesn't even have news (and they're on VHF!), the Fox station (I think) simulcasts KTVU's news, and the ABC station probably has no news either.

I cannot believe that we're talking about Worst News Operation and not mention KIEM. Horrible Graphics from the 1980's that they still use today in 2008!, Horrible, Shotty and Lazy Website and lackluster and laughable presentation. If That doesn't say WORST News operation I really Don't know what will.

so, having bad graphics and an old website tells us that they have the "WORST News operation"?

so, having bad graphics and an old website tells us that they have the "WORST News operation"?

It's shows how much they care about the product they put out to you everyday. Usually the worst the website. The worst station is. The station website is a straight- up refection of there news operation

KIEM's website is stuck in the 90's, just about a decade ahead of their graphics.

I LOL'ed when I read on their website that their creative department has Adobe Premiere. Obviously, they don't know how to use it.

Also, there's no excuse for having a website like that when there are dozens of content management systems available for free online. I use Joomla, which, even with it's default settings rivals some actual news station websites.

• 2 weeks later...

Four letters: KTVF!!

Back in the day (when Northern Television owned them), they had a top-notch operation compared to KATN. Nowadays, it's a mess; no wonder why I get my local news from the Daily News-Miner these days.

• 4 weeks later...
I can very much agree to that....

Oh, and my vote is KWQC.... (a Young Station)

Why?...its all explained in this video here (graphics, music, technology, the set, logo (( look at there news truck))

pretty sad

Hmm for years this board has trashed stations about their graphics, music, equipment, sets... my main question for everyone is, do you people not understand how EXPENSIVE it is to actually keep a TV station on the air. Music, equipment, technology, building wiring lighting a set all costs a lot of money. Now on top of that lets take KWQC for example they are in market 97 thats not a huge market to start with. It be like someone telling you, every 2 years you have run out and buy a new fridge, car, and put brand new up to code wiring in your house, think you be able to keep up with that? I think that video has good graphics and music for what they got, as do a lot of smaller market stations, in fact I've seen a station in market 115 that had a better look and over all product than all the stations in market 52 at the time. Ok rant over.

Archived