Worst News Operation

FirstNews8

In our market....KTLA, such a shame, followed by KTTV/KCOP.

And I've been hearing stories about KSWB.

I wouldn't consider KTLA bad, in fact whenever i want SoCal info, i pretty much ALWAYS turn to KTLA.

In my market (indy side) i wouldn't say necessarily any of them are Horrible but WXIN is the one i least turn to.

Terre Haute side- WTHI believe it or not is the worst, WTWO has really stepped up their game, and has a pretty strong newscast, though they need to ditch Accuweather.

Do you care to explain YOUR THOUGHTS on why you think they're failing? Is it content? What sort of things do you think they're doing wrong?

Let's see...they can't keep any good on-air talent and seem to want to hang on those who were either never very good and/or are past their prime (I know one example who shall remain nameless).

Continuity...forget about it. They've gone through what 3 or 4 news directors and we're about midway through August. If that's not a sign somebody's doing something wrong, I'm not sure what is.

WKRN-TV in Nashville, or rather, mostly any station operated by Young Broadcasting.

I can very much agree to that....

Oh, and my vote is KWQC.... (a Young Station)

Why?...its all explained in this video here (graphics, music, technology, the set, logo (( look at there news truck))

pretty sad

That news operation doesn't look horrible. It may look dated, but that doesn't mean it's horrible. WWOR, my example, leads with horribly tabloid stories, and leads with entertainment stories.

Let's see...they can't keep any good on-air talent and seem to want to hang on those who were either never very good and/or are past their prime (I know one example who shall remain nameless).

Continuity...forget about it. They've gone through what 3 or 4 news directors and we're about midway through August. If that's not a sign somebody's doing something wrong, I'm not sure what is.

...and, they can't go a segment without shouting that they're the so-called "official home of the Redskins," and the fact that they insert too much happy-talk after every story.

Archived