Bad Logos...

ctmajka

What are some bad station logos, or bad variations of station logos that you can think of?

One current one that I'd have to say is REALLY bad, is the logo on the header of WJLA-TVs website: http://www.wjla.com/

...It looks like it was thrown together without a care about scaling the "7" so it fits in the square perfectly, or making sure the "ABC" logo is the correct size...with the size the "ABC" logo is at now, it looks more like WLS's logo rather than WABC's, like it should.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K13XD "KXD" has one of the worst offenders:

K13XD_2008.jpg

Some advice for these people: POWERPOINT IS NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGN TOOL!

And a really bad offender: Utica's WUTR (previous logo):

WUTRABC20.png

What's sad is that their Ackerley logo was better:

Wutr-ackerly.jpg

K13XD "KXD" has one of the worst offenders:

K13XD_2008.jpg

Some advice for these people: POWERPOINT IS NOT A GRAPHIC DESIGN TOOL!

It still amazes me that some stations still want to go back to the Arial type. It's so horrible for large presentations and logos like that IMHO.

What's sad is that their Ackerley logo was better:

Wutr-ackerly.jpg

An amusing case of generic branding without consideration of local conditions. Ackerley somehow forgot WUTR is up against this station:

Wktv-2007.png

Not surprising that WUTR changed its news title to "WUTR Channel 20".

When discussing shitty logos, one cannot leave out the current KDKA logo. It's simply shit-tastic! Especially when viewed in negative!

kdka-logo.jpgKDKA-YOUR-HOME-logo.jpg

The simple fact that they used a cheap (read: free) variant of Eurostile is a harbinger for the future at KDKA, I'm sure. (Cheaper is better, eh Verrilli?)

And since everyone I know is resigned to sit back and let the Group W font fall into the past, I could most definitely have lived with this instead of today's bastardization:

KDKA_logo_Color_63433.jpg

When discussing shitty logos, one cannot leave out the current KDKA logo. It's simply shit-tastic! Especially when viewed in negative!

kdka-logo.jpgKDKA-YOUR-HOME-logo.jpg

What?! KDKA's logo isn't that bad!

Some shitty FOX logos:

WEON-LP.jpg

WEON - Virgin Islands; could have been great without the orange or the use of Arial.

KXTF35.jpg

KXTF - Twin Falls, Iowa; awful, awful, awful. Stretched, probably-DIY FOX logo, boring font, stretched text and primitive bevel effects combine to create one of the most awful logos ever to be used by a station.

WFXV-06.png

WFXV - Utica, New York; again with the bevel! It looks like a 3-minute rush job.

KGTV started to put the ABC logo on their website which is on the top. Kinda horrible but they still dont brand the ABC on their newscasts. You only see ABC on their mic flags. thats it but to me, the placement is bad on the 1O. they should put the logo on the bottom like this

KGTV.jpg.6cbc04c73041d40bcd9282628d5eb767.jpg

I have no words for this horrible piece of work...

Could be worse...

You could be creative services at KLBK-Lubbock and render a badly photoshopped ripoff of WHAS:

KLBK.jpg // WHAS_06.jpg

or

WABG-Greenwood, MS and utilize a badly photoshopped (or, more likely MSPaint) ripoff of WFSB

WABG-Banner-NEW-wide.jpg // bg_embed_branding.jpg

I think KVIA (In their attempt to create a personalized ABC-7 logo) completely butchered the logo...the curve of the "Circle-7" is TOO thin, and the ABC looks like the "ABC Kids" logo...In fact, the whole logo itself looks misshapen, almost warped.

kvia2.jpg

I think it should look like this:

KVIA.jpg

Archived