New CBS 2 HD Promo's

NBC 5 Chicago

The few times I've seen it the letter comes just a few pixels from being cut off.

It all depends on the particular TV set you have.. In half the old-style standard TV's I've watched the new CBS 2 News on, the first letter(s) or half the first letter(s) on the lower-thirds are cut off. With the newer flat screen tube TV's (not LCD or Plasma) I've watched, it extremely close. It's something they're working on tweeking so it's watchable on ALL different kinds of TV's..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear they're gonna fix it, and glad someone brought this up cuz it's been driving me crazy! While they're at it, mabe they'll make the time/temp readable as well, since it's too small to make-out on projection sets for example. I do love the new bug though.

I never understand why mistakes like not taking the safe area into consideration happen... You mean to tell me that not one of the professionals at Hothaus or WBBM thought this would be problem at some point during this transformation? And why has it taken so long for them to start thinking about fixing it?

I think the music has potential...I just don't like the signature part. The graphics are great, the desk is nice, but the backdrop could be better. It looks better with the streetside view.

Maybe I'm crazy but I hear the Sleep Country USA jingle in the signature...

[YT]-Av3CuyA6_k[/YT]

And now let's talk about their news content/reporters... that Dorothy chick who did the chopper story SUCKS! How did she get to Chicago?! That had the potential to be an AMAZING story but she didn't seem to care, her voice was monotone, there was no creativity to it at all.

They "fixed" the L3's? Now there is a space between the gradient on the left and where the graphic/text starts. All of the graphics/fonts are a mishmash. It might sound nitpicky but it only conveys to a clean, uniform look. Someone needs to get in there and standardize what fonts are to be used, if bullets will be used or the CBS eye, etc.

Archived