New CBS 2 HD Promo's

NBC 5 Chicago

I was watching the 6pm news tonight and they showed a new promo. I captured it! I thought it was pretty creative. They are really hyping this up. What do you think about the promo.

[yt]m8IbMGCBQ3U[/yt]

They also updated their other promo that they had before to include the Sept 22 Date.

[yt]iUxVAQd2O_g[/yt]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new promo is okay. I thought it was weird that they show Rob, Anne, and Ryan in the first three buildings and then skip to what looks like Dr. Phil and Judge Judy before they show Steve Baskerville in the last building. It kinda has a lot going on that doesn't really all come together. Butterflies flying sky high at night time...? Eh. I'm excited but this promo could have been better.

I'm not amused about the promos. Also folks still have to deal with problems with digital channel 3 on their digital tuners so nothing will be as big until the analog cut-off when they move to RF digital Channel 12.

So like I stated, glad they're moving to block 37 but lots and lots of things need to be changed (content formula for one) if they want to get that #1 contention again. IMO, it's absolutely nothing.

Ah thank you! Iv never done that before. Yea I noticed that with Steve Baskerville. I would have thought to see him before Ryan. I would have liked to see more of Downtown Chicago flying around instead of just buildings. I still think its very creative.

Ah thank you! Iv never done that before. Yea I noticed that with Steve Baskerville. I would have thought to see him before Ryan. I would have liked to see more of Downtown Chicago flying around instead of just buildings. I still think its very creative.

Yeah, I never though of using embed until I saw someone doing it so I pressed quote and see how he embeded and all and would do the same. I also use the url codes too. Instead of posting the full link below, I use the [ url ] codes [ /url ].

Back on this topic, yes the promos were creative, especially the butterflies with the eyemark, that's cool. But I'm still not amused.

I thought this was a really creative promo. I loved the idea of the butterflies and the "change/metamorphosis." That was original. I can't wait for CBS 2 to FINALLY switch to high definition. I do think that downtown Chicago could've been showcased a little bit better. Other than that, great job!

• 4 weeks later...

There's another new promo out, much better, much sleeker. It's all computer generated imagery, but it really makes the new broadcast center look awesome. I caught the tail-end of it the other day and haven't seen it again since even tho I've been on the look-out. Hopefully someone else will who can upload it cuz it's exciting stuff.

Finally CBS2 Chicago is in HD....its about time and I'm glad to see CBS really go all out with its HD rollouts, in LA, KCBS/KCAL moved to studio city, in philly, KYW moved its new studios, and now this.

Dont forget of KPIX, WCBS & KCNC

• 3 weeks later...
And there's another nice-lookin short little promo out. And' date=' Feder tells of a behind-the-scenes special that will air three times on Sunday.[/quote']

LMMFAO!!!! Okay, besides Feder stating about this new special about Channel 2's new digs that will air three times on Sunday (6am, 1pm & 10:35pm), on the first three paragraphs in the article, it appears that Ahern didn't give him an invitation to their new studios, and Feder doesn't care if he did, after dishing all that dirt on him. Kudos to Feder!

I just have to say that Feder's column actually made me laugh.

I was watching CBS 2 all afternoon and finally captured the new promo as well as the new studio one. Also I captured a promo with Rob and Anne with all the shows CBS has.

New Studio

[yt]e68kC2ZAMYc[/yt]

CBS 2 BIG Changes Sept 22!

[yt]KM9pwKTgX-4[/yt]

CBS 2 Shows Promo

[yt]8_m8AFxTY-0[/yt]

I just have to say that Feder's column actually made me laugh.

I was watching CBS 2 all afternoon and finally captured the new promo as well as the new studio one. Also I captured a promo with Rob and Anne with all the shows CBS has.

New Studio

[yt]e68kC2ZAMYc[/yt]

CBS 2 BIG Changes Sept 22!

[yt]KM9pwKTgX-4[/yt]

CBS 2 Shows Promo

[yt]8_m8AFxTY-0[/yt]

I love the logo effect in the 1st 2 promos. I can't wait for monday and the new look. I hope that WBBM will put sunday's special on its website. If they stream the special that will be even better.

Also the 3rd promo, WCBS did the same promo. With Chris and Kristine doing the same thing with the videos. Also the same ending with the Cbs 2 logo.

The one at :27 in the first promo?

That will be in the new open... I can assure you that.

Hope so, the logo's never looked better than it does right there.

Also, I watched the 10 o'clock news tonight and Vince Gerasole had a preview of the new place. It's really more about the old one, but it's worth seeing. Here's the link...

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/[email protected]

The place is really getting cleaned out.. The second floor is pretty much empty. There is ALOT LESS being left behind than originally planned so I really don't know anymore what much will be left for the auction (if they still even have it) other than the studio set itself, "The Oak Room", newsroom cubicals, and the breakroom refridgerator.. However, I'm sure there would be a few other things.

Eventhough the building will be demolished, staffers are leaving the old building nice and clean. They aren't being like the folks at WPXI that pretty much trashed their old building and abandoned everything old.

A good point is brought up in the video.. The building is literally falling apart. If it was any other business going on in there, the place would have been condemned by building inspectors by now.. However, they've made it clear for over a decade that they were going to be moving so they've been given a break.

I watched the first two hours of CBS 2 News this Friday morning (I switched back to CBS 2 when they brought back Roseanne and Susan on Monday). I'm just as excited as the staffers there to see the new studio, graphics, and more. It was also really cool to see parts of the old 630 N. McClurg studios before they close the doors for good.

The first two promos are probably two of the best the station has produced in recent memory. Clean, concise, and memorable. I have a feeling some of those street scenes will make it into future opens, rejoins, and bumpers.

They mentioned that today would be their last day at the old place...does anyone know if they are going to start broadcasting news from the new studios tomorrow? (With the ceremonial opening on Monday?)

Archived