Working Adobe Photoshop and Premire Pro CS3

Mercedes

I need help with working Adobe Photoshop and Premire Pro CS3. I just got the programs tonight. I am very lost and confused. I have many photos and graphics that I would like to import into a video clip making a news video with graphics in motion like what you guys do here. Can anyone please help me? Thanks Alot.

There's a lot of training and tutorials on these programs online. Just google photoshop tutorial and premiere tutorial and you'll get a ton of hits. On a side note, I hope you didn't buy those expensive programs just to do TV mocks!

Actually they were free from a Tech guy at my dad's job, so no I didn't spend $799 or more on these programs. I wouldn't dare do that and I have no clue how to work them. That's why I need help.

If you're actually going to be creating motion graphics, you're going to need a program like Adobe After Effects CS3, which is an extremely difficult program to get the hang of. I prefer Apple's Motion 3, which has a far easier learning curve and a more user-friendly interface. But I doubt it does as much as After Effects, which is pretty much the de facto standard in motion graphic design.

Definitely look online for tutorials--there are even some videos posted on YouTube that walk you through the basics, step by step. Every time I've wanted to do some trick in the CS3 or Pro Applications suites, I've been able to find a step by step guide somewhere online.

As a side note, I'm also a much bigger fan of Final Cut Pro over Premiere Pro. Good luck, though...

You need more than just Photoshop & Premiere.

I have to disagree with caliwxdude. After Effects isn't all that difficult to learn. As I've suggested before to other members of this forum, VideoCopilot.net is a very good website to look at if you're thinking about learning the basics of After Effects.

Andrew has posted a whole bunch of tutorials there which you can learn from and apply your own style to. Try to get a hold of any After Effects version above 7.0. You don't NEED to get CS3. A previous version is just fine.

Good Luck and post some of your work when you get something done! :(

Yeah, After Effects isnt hard at all, once you learn about keyframes your good.... but i got AE about 2 weeks ago, and if you have seen what ive done lately youd see how fast it is to learn AE..... and how easy..... for motion graphic work, yo need After Effects, hands down, unless you want to spend all the money on a Quantel Paintbox, which is the same as Adobe essentialy.

Archived