WTMJ to add 3 p.m. Newscast

Dave Lampstein

i would think its the Central Time Zone equal to 4PM EST Newscasts. 3PM newscasts will be common eventually around the country. Yes i do know that WTMJ has 4 already though.

3pm newscasts will be common? I think it is extremely rare and 3pm CST means its airing the same time as a 4pm newscast in the Eastern time zone but 4pm is 4pm no matter what time zone its in.

I can't believe WTMJ just airs news from 3pm-7pm and no syndicated programming whatsoever. Is Better TV syndicated or local? Otherwise they carry no syndicated programming whatsoever in their daily schedule. All of it is local news or from NBC.

I think stations have gone overboard in their newscasts especially with morning newscasts starting at 4am.

KNBC never had a 3 PM or 3:30 PM newscast in the 80's or 90's. They did a few years ago have "News Raw" at 3 PM. That continues today throughout the afternoon on www.knbc.com KNBC, KABC and KCBS (KNXT) at one time (80's, 90's) all had a 4-7 PM local news block followed by the network news at 7. KABC has the longest now in L.A., 4-6:30 PM followed by the network news at 6:30 PM.

KCAL's newscasts do quite well. Normally #2 or #3 at 12 noon, for example. Great for an independent.

If we want to go back to the 1970's, KTLA use to do a 2 PM newscast with the late Larry McCormick, who was featured in many movies as a news reporter or anchor.

Yes, KNBC did have a 3PM newscast in the 80s. My doubt wasn't if they had it but when. I used to watch it when I was home and still remember the commercials promoting it.

Archived