New CBS 2 building/studios

lazynetjunkie

The screen looks really nice from Daley Plaza. Some people have nothing better to do than complain.. Especially about something that improves the city. It seems more people are complaining about this than when that lot was empty for years. What a world we live in.

The article is lacking some important information. Apparently, Blair doesn't like to do some full research before writing an article. I thought he would have known by now that no buildings in Chicago fully look like their conceptual drawings by the time they're built.

Plus, the station has gotten alot more positive feedback about the screen than negative.. And the people complaining are people that have nothing better to do than complain about every little thing that happens in the city or they're just the artsy yuppie type that aren't the type of people that would care to even watch the news, take their families to see a live newscast in progress downtown, or enjoy the city like any normal people.

If it was really that bad, the city wouldn't have allowed it.. Especially if it's going to be facing Daley Plaza.

Well, at least they finally have something at Block 37. I just couldn't stand Gallery 37/Skate on State thing any longer. Even though I careless for Channel 2, I'm happy they're moving to their new building at Block 37, as well as the other tenants.

Some of those folks complain just to complain. I don't really agree with most of the comments, except for the folks bashing Ahern. :D They're basically crying that the world is going to come to end because there's a new buiding adjacent to Daley Plaza with a Giant Television Screen in front of their building. That's just pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

I was down there today and took some photos. Only a few came out nice, the others are... not good. The camera was in a window a few floors up in what I assume is the newsroom.

I also included a reminder to those who have yet to see it in person. (I resisted the urge to pass this sign, even though a few people walked right past it while I was there.)

(Does anyone know what happened to the CBS logo that was on the building? All that's left is the mounting structure. :confused:)

BroadcastCenter.thumb.jpg.d2eba4b3ceaa21252c1a812d200826e1.jpg

CBS2NewsroomCam.thumb.jpg.30413f5011ef3f5d321bb0c4fa63f846.jpg

NOPEDESTRIANS.thumb.jpg.7382687ac2f2de2570946595e4fa61e0.jpg

I was down there today and took some photos. Only a few came out nice, the others are... not good. The camera was in a window a few floors up in what I assume is the newsroom.

I also included a reminder to those who have yet to see it in person. (I resisted the urge to pass this sign, even though a few people walked right past it while I was there.)

(Does anyone know what happened to the CBS logo that was on the building? All that's left is the mounting structure. :confused:)

Yeah, that large room with the camera is the newsroom..

As for the CBS logo, I heard it was removed to be modified.. Possibly being changed to a "CBS 2" logo or being made backlit.

If you were really tempted to the point where you couldn't resist, today probably would have been the best day to pass the sign as it is the weekend and there is next to nobody (if anyone) at the new building on the weekends. If there was anyone, it would only be staffers moving stuff from the old building to the new building and they would be unloading in the garage, not the front door..

------------------------

As time gets closer, you'll be seeing more and more stuff during the newscasts from the old building disappearing.. You probably have already seen cubicals all of a sudden becoming empty during newsroom shots. The shelves of tapes towards the background of the newsroom are now much emptier. You might notice lighting on the set at the old studio is now slightly different as a couple light fixtures were removed to be installed in the new studio. Soon, the usage of plasma TV's on the set at the old studio is going to end so those can get installed at the CBS 2 WeatherTrak window at the new studio. Those TV's are really very new (replacing the original plasmas from the DDG set which more recently crapped out) so they aren't going to waste..

Well, not trying to cause any controversy.... but im a little confused here... if someone could help me get my facts strait, id appreciate it..... this video | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_gZc1gsRs |.....I found on YouTube..... How old really are you, Dylan?

The New CBS 2 set is looking good. I drove by there last week (Wednesday or Thursday). Unless some major setback happens it looks like they will be in there on time, maybe (please) earlier than planned.

Most likely won't debut earlier than September 22.. If they were to debut earlier, it would only be by a day or 2.

The goal with this move is to get all the operations moved into the new building before broadcast begins there.. When alot of stations move into a new building, they like to begin broadcasting in their new building first and then get everything else (newsroom, web dept., various offices, etc.) moved in afterwards.

WBBM wants to get everything else moved in first and then begin broadcasting, so that on September 22, there are no operations left going on at the old building except for staffers dismantling and moving of equipment, supplies, office stuff, etc. Heck, it could be that in the last day or 2 before the broadcast move, all that's left going on in the old building is the actual news broadcast itself.

However, nomatter what (unless there's some major setback which is highly unlikely), broadcast begins at the new building on September 22 even if there happens to be an operation or 2 that for some reason hasn't moved yet.

Most likely won't debut earlier than September 22.. If they were to debut earlier, it would only be by a day or 2.

The goal with this move is to get all the operations moved into the new building before broadcast begins there.. When alot of stations move into a new building, they like to begin broadcasting in their new building first and then get everything else (newsroom, web dept., various offices, etc.) moved in afterwards.

WBBM wants to get everything else moved in first and then begin broadcasting, so that on September 22, there are no operations left going on at the old building except for staffers dismantling and moving of equipment, supplies, office stuff, etc. Heck, it could be that in the last day or 2 before the broadcast move, all that's left going on in the old building is the actual news broadcast itself.

However, nomatter what (unless there's some major setback which is highly unlikely), broadcast begins at the new building on September 22 even if there happens to be an operation or 2 that for some reason hasn't moved yet.

Archived