WGN Now Using New Graphics...

ctmajka

...I saw the end of a 9:00 News tease and a WGN morning nerws Promo, and the new graphics look like they're being put to full use. They're very angular. Haha. They kinda remind me of WLS's old graphics with the angled lines. The L3s have a similar shape to The Weather Channel's L3s, but include a diagonal lined pattern in them...We'll see more as the late news approaches tonight on Channel 9...not sure if they're in HD tho, although it would suprise me if they still aren't.

...I saw the end of a 9:00 News tease and a WGN morning nerws Promo, and the new graphics look like they're being put to full use. They're very angular. Haha. They kinda remind me of WLS's old graphics with the angled lines. The L3s have a similar shape to The Weather Channel's L3s, but include a diagonal lined pattern in them...We'll see more as the late news approaches tonight on Channel 9...not sure if they're in HD tho, although it would suprise me if they still aren't.

OMG WGN finally have a new graphics package. But their Time & Temp bug is so small to read.

For those of you that missed the newscast at 9, the rebroadcast is on now (11PM) on CLTV. However, CLTV hasn't updated their bug cover yet.

My only comment is they could have recorded some new talent shots for the talent intros/rejoiners. Something to go along with the new look instead of just recycling the old "control room smile" shots. However, I have a feeling that might change soon.

My only comment is they could have recorded some new talent shots for the talent intros/rejoiners. Something to go along with the new look instead of just recycling the old "control room smile" shots. However, I have a feeling that might change soon.

Well, although they were the sams STYLE shots, they weren't the exact same shots used in the old talent outro. I kinda wish they'd done one of those "On top of the building" shots with the skyline in the background...that would'ce fit the rest of the graphics nicely.

Well, I've worked with a former director from WGN, and she was there when they started using the graphics they just ditched, and at the time, she told me thsoe were all in-house. Maybe these are in-house too?

Archived