"Deal or No Deal" coming to WNBC 5 days a week

NewsJunkie247

I just saw a promo on Channel 4 that said "Deal or No Deal" will be coming to WNBC 5 days a week this fall. It will probably fill the 11AM time slot which has been airing infomercials for the past several months.

I wouldn't get shocked if its on during the same time Merv Griffin's Crosswords is on, since that show has stopped producing new shows. Why can't Crosswords get the boot already?!! Nobody's watching it in the first place. I would love to see how this new Syndie Deal plays out in the long run since it will only be a half an hour.

KNBC has been having infomercials going on from 12:00 to 12:30 and then crosswords comes on. Now, they've been airing a few promos here and there about a new daytime talk show (now time annnounced yet) with Bonnie Hunt. Maybe WNBC might pick it up as well during some midday time.

• 2 weeks later...

A block of Deal Or No Deal and Merv Griffin's Crosswords (not necessarily in that order) is a possibility that, if in the right time slot, just might work.

At first, the 11a hour would be the most likely slot (I'd concur with 247); however, the competition there, especially the established The Price Is Right and The View, will be pretty darn tough.

A block of Deal Or No Deal and Merv Griffin's Crosswords (not necessarily in that order) is a possibility that, if in the right time slot, just might work.

At first, the 11a hour would be the most likely slot (I'd concur with 247); however, the competition there, especially the established The Price Is Right and The View, will be pretty darn tough.

The original plan, which was months ago was to place it during the 4pm block. Ellen is currently holding that spot for the time being. Either Bonnie Hunt or Deal or No Deal would go there. As for Crosswords, it's been picked up but has run into financial problems so either WNBC can offer repeats of the show or they can choose 1 of 2 new shows to replace it.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6572447.html

(The pop culture one sounds the better of the 2 but knowing WNBC, they'll choose "Style by Jury" or just air infomercials).

The original plan, which was months ago was to place it during the 4pm block.

I read that NBCU recommend the show to be aired between the 4pm-8pm ET blocks. I don't think many stations would give up their strong 7pm ET/PT hour, 6:30pm CT & MT half-hour programs. I think the show is locked on WMAQ. I believe the show will be aired during the 2pm hour with Crosswords.

I did see some promos for the syndicated version of "Deal or No Deal" on WTNZ, the local FOX affiliate in Knoxville and they will air it this Fall.

It makes me wonder if any FOX affiliates in and around the United States are going to carry the show.

I did see some promos for the syndicated version of "Deal or No Deal" on WTNZ, the local FOX affiliate in Knoxville and they will air it this Fall.

It makes me wonder if any FOX affiliates in and around the United States are going to carry the show.

I doubt that it would be aired on a big number of FOX station. It would roughly be on the big 3 network affiliates. I saw the promos for the first time on WNEP's Digital Channel (which can be streamed online). They'll be airing it in the fall too.

I think WPGH might air it if I remember correctly. I wonder if Sinclair has some sort of deal with the producers of the show.

Here in Charleston, it's going to be on the Fox affiliate, WTAT, but we don't know what time it will be on at, with the multitude of court shows the station airs.

It will get a much better clearance than Crosswords or Temptation, as Crosswords aired at 2:07am as a double run on WCSC, and Temptation was stuck on the cable CW station, at 11am (single-run) against the Price is Right (one of the most popular markets for the show).

I think WNBC would do well with a 12:00pm or 11:30 newscast.

I concur 100%. I know WNBC used to have a noon newscast, but they obviously got rid of that. They could do an 11:30 newscast and give FOX 5 a run for their money. It's time for WNBC to get back in the midday news game.

I saw a promo on Fox 5 this morning saying that starting in September, Judge Joe Brown will air on Fox 5 at 3PM. It currently airs on WNBC during the same time. I don't know what shows other than "Deal or No Deal" that will air on 4 New York starting this fall, but hopefully it will raise ratings.

I think something like this could work:

7-11AM: Today Show

11-11:30AM: News 4 New York Midday

11:30-12PM: Deal or No Deal

12-12:30PM: Merv Griffin's Crosswords

12:30-1PM: Extra

1-2PM: The Martha Stewart Show

2-3PM: Days of Our Lives

3-4PM: The Bonnie Hunt Show

4-5PM: The Ellen DeGeneres Show

I think something like this would work better:

7-11AM: Today Show

11-11:30AM: Merv Griffin's Crosswords

11:30-12PM: News 4 New York Midday (so they wouldn't have to compete with WNYW)

12-12:30PM: Deal or No Deal

12:30-1PM: Extra

1-2PM: The Martha Stewart Show

2-3PM: Days of Our Lives

3-4PM: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (So it wouldn't be up against Oprah)

4-5PM: The Bonnie Hunt Show

Archived