Hint at New WWL Graphics?

qunewsguy

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said before, I'd heard August 1st as the day for new graphics - which didn't make a lot of sense, considering that it's a Friday. And so far, nothing new, but there was a slipup on the noon weathercast - a new breaking news scroll appeared briefly, which I got some screen grabs of.

zkpt7m.jpg

2nkl9ia.jpg

Also, if you're interested, WWL-TV's YouTube channel has some new promos up that include a glimpse at new mic flags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZHgUlYvN4I&feature=user

We're sitting here guessing when WWL will show off their new look.

Just before this posting, I saw an ad for the Katrina anniversary...with the new look...and then it hit me.

What if they're waiting until Aug. 29 to implement the new graphics?

Something to consider...

I also noticed that they have implemented the new fonts on their severe weather alert system...including the new logo.

When was that? On Tuesday when they had all the nasty stuff on the Northshore? I'll have to watch out for it next time some stuff comes through.

When was that? On Tuesday when they had all the nasty stuff on the Northshore? I'll have to watch out for it next time some stuff comes through.

Yes.

They also replaced the promo about their weather affiliation with WWL radio with one that has the new look. Caught it after tonight's 10 pm show.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

Mrtraveler, I haven't heard anything regarding a new home for Channel 4 and WUPL.

They broke ground in 2005, but construction on it (the J. Michael Early Broadcast Center named after WWL's longtime general manager) has been postponed due to Katrina.

I'm probably guessing that WDSU will one-up WWL with local news in HD after all.

They broke ground in 2005, but construction on it (the J. Michael Early Broadcast Center named after WWL's longtime general manager) has been postponed due to Katrina.

I'm probably guessing that WDSU will one-up WWL with local news in HD after all.

I saw a local news promo on WDSU that was in HD. Also, local news sidebars have been blue, not black - so I wouldn't be surprised to see HD from WDSU soon (if they're not doing it already and I missed it).

We already know that.

Channel 4 is using their new scroll during the noon newscast, but the font is the same as the one they currently use.

Archived