I need help, dumb graphics question...

ABC7 Los Angeles

Hello, I have a question that goes out to all the awesome graphics people out there. I recently made some KABC graphics in Photoshop. My question is, does anyone here know how to put those graphics in a video clip? If so, what file format do they have to be in and what program do I need? Thanks in advance!

Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro will allow you to import Photoshop .psd files as footage, and when you save them as PSDs, it will also carry over any alpha channels (transparencies) you created over in Photoshop.

I'm pretty sure Sony Vegas will allow you to do the same thing, although I'm not nearly as familiar with that program as I am with Premiere, and especially FCP.

Importing the .psd file into a video editor is a bit much.

It'll probably make your computer lag a bit, if it's not capable

of withstanding such activity.

You could use any of those programs mentioned by caliwxdude.

Final Cut Pro or Sony Vegas is the way to go.

PNG files do in fact handle alpha channels.

So make sure the background on your photoshop project is transparent

and just save it in .png format. That way, whenever you import it into

your video editing program, you can add a video under that layer, and

you'll have the graphics on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I put it up on my new Youtube account' date=' because my old one got suspended by Universal Music Group for having some of 'their' footage on my account. Anyways, here is the link to the video I made.[/quote']

Hi there, I can't find your YouTube link in your post?

Archived