Alycia sues KYW

PhillyWatch

Surprise, surprise. Alycia is at it again. I used to be a huge fan of hers, but now, not so much. I was a little suspicious of the station because when Alycia was fired, the station released a statement saying that they were not passing judgment on the situation. Then, why did they fire her if they weren't judging anything? I just want this situation to be done and over with, but it will be around for a long time, whether we like it or not.

Logically, her decision to sue makes a bit of sense. Besides the fact that her arrest brought humiliation on the station, she never got in any real trouble. Larry Mendte on the other hand, is actually being investigated to the point when the FBI obtained a search warrant. Alycia was never convicted of anything, neither has Larry (yet, at least). Using the precedent of Alycia being fired for her arrest, Larry should have been fired in the aftermath.

You could argue that there was past history regarding Alycia's case with all of her messy personal problems that damaged her image. But now facts have emerged that somebody at the station sabotaged her image. So a lawsuit makes perfect sense. I will say that alleging defamation when CBS 3 released a statement announcing her termination is pushing it a bit.

Logically, her decision to sue makes a bit of sense. Besides the fact that her arrest brought humiliation on the station, she never got in any real trouble. Larry Mendte on the other hand, is actually being investigated to the point when the FBI obtained a search warrant. Alycia was never convicted of anything, neither has Larry (yet, at least). Using the precedent of Alycia being fired for her arrest, Larry should have been fired in the aftermath.

You could argue that there was past history regarding Alycia's case with all of her messy personal problems that damaged her image. But now facts have emerged that somebody at the station sabotaged her image. So a lawsuit makes perfect sense. I will say that alleging defamation when CBS 3 released a statement announcing her termination is pushing it a bit.

Well Larry was fired, they just announced it on the 6 pm news

Archived