Larry Mendte under investigation

rtmclaug

Various media outlets have reported that CBS 3 anchor Larry Mendte is under investigation by the FBI for allegedly snooping in the e-mails of former co-anchor Alycia Lane. Larry's personal computer was seized by the FBI. Snooping in another's e-mails w/o their consent is a federal offense, as well as considered an invasion of privacy. I just saw the report on Channel 6 Action News, and I am at a loss for words. I'm stunned. Just when things started to be going so well for KYW-TV again...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying you're lying, but if "various media outlets" are reporting this, why do you not provide any links? This makes for an interesting story, but I'm not out to do your leg work.

Not saying you're lying' date=' but if "various media outlets" are reporting this, why do you not provide any links? This makes for an interesting story, but I'm not out to do your leg work.[/quote']

There were 2 other posts that had the links but got deleted.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has time to worry about Larry's computers?

How about the investigators' time be devoted to building strong federal cases against the drug dealers and gun runners who are ruining our city?

The FBI has now become the E-Mail Police? No wonder they missed the hijackers getting their aviation training.

Or are they really hoping that the Alycia bikini pictures show up on his computers, and they need to look at the evidence?

Not saying you're lying' date=' but if "various media outlets" are reporting this, why do you not provide any links? This makes for an interesting story, but I'm not out to do your leg work.[/quote']

It was on WPVI and their website. It's on KYW-TV but kind of hidden under the AP wire...

Philly.com has reported that Larry showed up for work on Friday, but he didn't appear at 6 or 11. They also said that it's not clear if he will return to work, but his bio is still on the station's website at cbs3.com. That's the latest info that I could find.

Philly.com has reported that Larry showed up for work on Friday, but he didn't appear at 6 or 11. They also said that it's not clear if he will return to work, but his bio is still on the station's website at cbs3.com. That's the latest info that I could find.

Did Chris fill-in or did Susan solo?

KYW Newsradio 1060 has a story about this on their website, kyw1060.com. It doesn't go into much detail, just the basic facts of the story. But, I just checked on cbs3.com, and the story made the main page. His bio hasn't been removed from the "bios" section.

The CBS 3 Statement:

"Late last week, CBS 3 became aware of an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office regarding anchor Larry Mendte. CBS 3 is cooperating fully with that office in this matter. Mr. Mendte will not be on CBS 3's broadcasts pending further investigation."

What I'm reading this as:

fork.jpg

This is just speculation on my part, but I bet Alycia Lane claimed that he was the one who leaked the bikini photo story. I don't know if the source of the New York Post story was ever identified, but it's quite possible that she alleged that he looked through her emails to find dirt on her.

This is just speculation on my part, but I bet Alycia Lane claimed that he was the one who leaked the bikini photo story. I don't know if the source of the New York Post story was ever identified, but it's quite possible that she alleged that he looked through her emails to find dirt on her.

You may be correct.

Archived