Australian TV News

fox2

Moving on to ABC News...

Montage of ABC News Early Edition which airs in the afternoon competing with Seven and Nine's (This video is rare because nobody has ever made a montage of this ABC News edition)

Opener and closer of 7.30 NSW (planned to be replaced by a nationally screened chat show)

Opener of ABC News Breakfast

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic, but I started to realise that as of today YouTube resizes 16:9-sized embeeded video thumbnails from being full screen to 4:3 letterboxed with pillarbox on the either side of the 4:3 screen. (EDIT 31/10/2014: No more).

Nine News at 5AM

WIN News Tasmania Promo 2014

On the first video, Nine News Early Morning Edition has replaced Nine News for Qantas, just a day early than expected. It was expected to be in November. News supply for Qantas has been switched to Sky News Australia. Making it more interesting is the addition of the live feed bar on the right side of the screen and the weather bar at the bottom side. I think this is more innovative and looks better than just the news ticker.

Related to Sky News Australia, a new service aimed towards Australian expats, Australia Channel will launch on November 1. The service is a joint-venture between Sky News Australia and Lightning International. See this thread from another post for details: http://www.mediaspy.org/forum/index.php?/topic/949-sky-news/page-419&do=findComment&comment=1057735 and this article: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/australia-channel-to-launch-online-tomorrow.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't say I've been less inspired by a news open:

American-styled open, American-styled set and backdrop and American-styled anchoring with an Australian tradition... The National Nine News theme. 2 countries coming together for 1 terrible open. Sounds like it. Haha.

My first post, btw on TVNewsTalk.net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Do the U.S. Networks sorta partner-up with Aussie networks? Thought I saw Scott Pelley talking to an anchor from Ten after the Sydney hostage situation.

Yes, the networks have news partnerships with Australian networks. NBC News has a deal with Seven Network which airs Today and Meet The Press from 4-6AM. Likewise NBC has access to Sevens news footage and crews if need be. Seven has a contract to air NBCUniversal shows like Downton Abbey. CBS is partnered with Network Ten worth AU$6 Million / year which allows them to air all CBS News content. The deal also includes the rights to CBS' Dr. Phil and The Late Show. ABC News has a partnership with Nine Network which airs Good Morning America prior to the Australian Today Show. However ABCWorld News with David Muir, 20/20 and Primetime air on Sky News on Sky News Australia.

Yes, the networks have news partnerships with Australian networks. NBC News has a deal with Seven Network which airs Today and Meet The Press from 4-6AM. Likewise NBC has access to Sevens news footage and crews if need be. Seven has a contract to air NBCUniversal shows like Downton Abbey. CBS is partnered with Network Ten worth AU$6 Million / year which allows them to air all CBS News content. The deal also includes the rights to CBS' Dr. Phil and The Late Show. ABC News has a partnership with Nine Network which airs Good Morning America prior to the Australian Today Show. However ABCWorld News with David Muir, 20/20 and Primetime air on Sky News on Sky News Australia.

PBS airs Downton Abbey, not NBC and Sky News airs the latter 3 ABC news shows because of the stake that Channel :::9 owns for Sky News Australia (Australian News Channel, Ltd.; alongside Sky and the 7 Network)

I though it was more of a three way deal with US, Australian and UK networks

- NBC, ITV, Seven

- ABC, BBC, Nine

- CBS, Ten, Sky/Channel 4

ITV seem to use Ten reporters a lot. I think Ten are part of a news group that ITV is in, but NBC and Seven isn't.

ITV seem to use Ten reporters a lot. I think Ten are part of a news group that ITV is in, but NBC and Seven isn't.

I don't know why ITV would take Network Ten content because ITV newscasts are produced by ITN (ITV Owns 40% and Reuters, the owner of The Daily Mail and UBM each own 20%) which has the news partnership with Seven Network.

Archived