Jim Rosenfield out at WCBS

NYnewsFan

I too wish Jim all the best. About the news regarding WNBC, I think that this will help them in the ratings. I believe they came in 3rd place overall in this past May sweeps period, because I read an article today that said WCBS came in 2nd place overall, and WABC is usually #1. Sue and David will make a good team and Chuck and Sue are just...well...THE BEST! I think Michael Gargiulo and Lynda Baquero should co-anchor a mid-day broadcast at 11 AM following The Today Show, and can remain as reporters on the early-evening broadcasts.

I've grown to like and respect Jim as an anchor, and I thought he and Dana were good together. But I suspect he'll be picked up somewhere else -- he's experienced and a class act.

I just don't understand the decisions made at CBS2. I mean, taking a chance on Wragge was a bold move -- and one I've generally come to respect. Chris has really grown into the position. Still hate Christine Johnson, and Lonnie Quinn is the biggest buffoon I've seen doing weather in a long time (and I think their co-branding with Weather Channel just reinforces that the local team is weak; they need to get their forecasts from the real meteorologists in State College, PA!!)

I think that Jim Rosenfield was a very good anchor. Granted I only watched him during his tenure at WNBC, but he was great there. He had good chemistry with Sue Simmons and was very professional. I could have seen him replace Chuck Scarborough when the latter retired someday.

Archived