Jim Rosenfield out at WCBS

NYnewsFan

Due to the ongoing cutbacks at WCBS - he is the latest casualty and his last newscast is Thursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/05/20/2008-05-20_anchor_jim_rosenfield_is_casualty_of_cbs.html

This station had something going for itself especially during the Con-ED blackout in Queens where Rosenfield's work out in the field was quite superb. But once again WCBS can reclaim its position as the station that doesn't know what to do and doesn't know how to utilize the talent that actually choose to work there until too little too late.

Safe to say three times won't be the charm for Jim Rosenfield and WCBS.

That's unfortunate. Dana and Jim had great chemistry. So I guess Steve Bartelstein moves to the weekday anchor seat. Maybe WNBC can hire Jim again. With the whole 4NY nostalgia campaign, why not pair Sue and Jim up again?

I'm stunned. I thought he and Dana were great together. I'd like to see him at WNBC, specifically with Sue at 5. This should give WNBC a much-needed boost. It's a shame, though. Just when WCBS seemed to be getting its act back together, this happens. As long as I can see him on television again, no matter where he ends up, that's fine with me.

Its just such a shame. Well I guess he will end up at FOX5. Jim and Dana was such a good team. Now I can rule them out in returning at 11pm. I was noticing that I have not seen Jim or Dana in any of the stations promos. I knew it was a sign that one of them will be out. This station screw Jim up two times. I guess it will either be Dahler or Bartelstein that will replace him.

I could see Jim Rosenfield anchoring at WNYW sometime in the near future. Dianne Doctor is the one who brought him over to WCBS from WNBC, and now that he is leaving, she will probably pick him up. Now the question is: who will replace him at WCBS? My money is on Don Dahler, since he is the main fill-in anchor at CBS 2. Then, Steve Bartelstein will move up to anchor the weekend evening news.

How dare they can one of the best-dressed men in New York!?!?!? One more reason for me now to miss the city...

Dahler and Bartelstien had better fix their wardrobes...so NOT ready for Prime Time!!!

NOOOOOOOOO, Another bullshit move by the now officially stupid, incompetent, bunch of idiots of Peter Cunt and David Bullshit. I hope Vickie Burns and the folks from WNBC hire Jim. Maybe as a replacement of Chuck, but that will screw David Ushery. Anyways I'm done with We'reCrapBullShit-TV. As much as it hurts me to say it, but Dana might be next. I hope WNBC hire them both.

NOOOOOOOOO, Another bullshit move by the now officially stupid, incompetent, bunch of idiots of Peter Cunt and David Bullshit. I hope Vickie Burns and the folks from WNBC hire Jim. Maybe as a replacement of Chuck, but that will screw David Ushery. Anyways I'm done with We'reCrapBullShit-TV. As much as it hurts me to say it, but Dana might be next. I hope WNBC hire them both.

Yeah that sucks, at least he can take a break and pursue something better. Maybe WNBC might take him back, but for what reason? I don't see why they would re-hire him again and they are struggling the most than any other station so I couldn't see them rehiring him again. Perhaps FOX 5 or maybe another market altogether...

I can't see WNBC hiring Jim Rosenfield back anytime in the near future. They have enough male anchors currently on at night: David Ushery, Chuck Scarborough, and Michael Gargiulo. Maybe when Chuck retires, Jim can replace him, but that is why Jim left WNBC for CBS 2 back in '05, because Chuck wasn't going to retire any time soon. Plus, I think for the past year or so, management has had their eye on David Ushery as a replacement for Chuck. So I think we will see Jim pop up on Fox 5 sometime soon.

WCBS has a very crappy newscast. Arial fonts for thier newsgraphics??? Why cause they come with the operating systems on thier PCs? Very lame and tacky. Well, they should just go with using Powerpoint(LOL) for thier weather graphics cause the newscasts are looking more like a local cable news show. Now they want to cut costs by dumping talent? That's ok. This really "worked" for them back in the 90's in the famous firings of Michelle Marsh and others. WNBC benefitted from thier fluke but even WNBC is cutting staff and no 5pm newscast. Now theres word they will start a local 24 hour news channel meaning WNBC may be phased out? What's next, Channel 7 dropping the circle 7? Is this journalism or are we shopping at Walmart here?

But remember, Michael Gargiulo isn't very recognized. Jim is very recognized in NYC and he was with Sue at 5. Maybe when Chuck and Sue decide to step down, WNBC can put Jim and David together at 11pm, it would be a strong team. Now with the 24 hr. stunt, they might need all the anchors they can get.

If Jim goes to WNBC, he could replace Michael at 5 and maybe sub for David at 6. Wherever he goes, it'll be fine, as long as we can see him.

As from Monday Sue and David will be 5, Chuck and Sue at 6, Chuck at 7 and Chuck and Sue at 11.

Lynda and Michael will remain at the station.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/05/22/2008-05-22_ch_4_puts_tried_and_true_sue_simmons_and.html

Nice job Vicki!!! CBS 2 is going to get beated again with Chuck and Sue at the helm of 6pm news. WNBC needs to bring back Live at 5 to one hour. David and Sue are also great together.

Archived