Weathercaster Lonnie Quinn to NY?

NYNews

NewsByte2 reports that Quinn who interviewed at WABC and WCBS might be coming to NY. Does WABC still have a position open on the weekends? If he goes to WCBS does he take over weekends or replace John?

Seeing as they just replaced Audrey, I would think he would come to replace John.. Why would you come to such an unstable market at the time to do weekend. If he goes to WABC, there is almost no chance he gets a weekday slot anyday soon. At WCBS, he'll have no job security.

I don't know, it might be good to get all new blood in the weather department. All I can say is that if Bolaris gets repalced, Jeff is next to go. If this is true, Dunn has now replaced 3 out of 4 from each the sports and weather departments, along with 3 out of 6 weekday anchors.

NewsByte2 reports that Quinn who interviewed at WABC and WCBS might be coming to NY. Does WABC still have a position open on the weekends? If he goes to WCBS does he take over weekends or replace John?

Seeing as they just replaced Audrey, I would think he would come to replace John.. Why would you come to such an unstable market at the time to do weekend. If he goes to WABC, there is almost no chance he gets a weekday slot anyday soon. At WCBS, he'll have no job security.

I don't know, it might be good to get all new blood in the weather department. All I can say is that if Bolaris gets repalced, Jeff is next to go. If this is true, Dunn has now replaced 3 out of 4 from each the sports and weather departments, along with 3 out of 6 weekday anchors.

Do you think it's Dunn replacing people left and right??? It's probably David Friend...Everything was cool and smooth before he came.

Yes, he is coming to WCBS.

Get ready, he is a douche on a caffine high. His info is pointless. He is not very intelligent. And, he hops all around the set like he is a fairy godmother (and I won't touch that with a 10 foot weather pointer).

all I can say, Miami is better off without him.

Yes, he is coming to WCBS.

Get ready, he is a douche on a caffine high. His info is pointless. He is not very intelligent. And, he hops all around the set like he is a fairy godmother (and I won't touch that with a 10 foot weather pointer).

all I can say, Miami is better off without him.

well, i must say, since he will be doing the 5, 6, and 11 weather (most likely), he might not have as much caffeine in his system... you know, new york evening & late-night news is a lot different than miami mornings.... maybe he'll be different.

it's a real shame. wcbs has broken records a couple times over now. in 2000, when they made angela and ernie lead, they also replaced warner with brett and mark dannon with david rogers, replacing their entire 11pm team... they did it again when they brought chris wragge in (roz, jim, john, chris) and now they are close to doing it yet again.

Get ready, he is a douche on a caffine high. His info is pointless. He is not very intelligent. And, he hops

well, i must say, since he will be doing the 5, 6, and 11 weather (most likely), he might not have as much caffeine in his system... you know, new york evening & late-night news is a lot different than miami mornings.... maybe he'll be different.

it's a real shame. wcbs has broken records a couple times over now. in 2000, when they made angela and ernie lead, they also replaced warner with brett and mark dannon with david rogers, replacing their entire 11pm team... they did it again when they brought chris wragge in (roz, jim, john, chris) and now they are close to doing it yet again.

I will agree. NY news is different than Miami. I was visiting NY recently and liked the differences. Maybe they can spend some of his energy, or maybe he will spend some after his wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

With Amy Freeze (WCAU NBC10) likely not being renewed (Laura Nachman's column: http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/220-01232007-1115057.html), is it possible that's where John Bolaris will be heading again? It's pretty obvious he has no place left here in NYC at CBS2 once Quinn comes up.

Anyone on the Philly board have any insight?

Archived