Big Ohio HD News (WEWS, HD, TONIGHT!!!!)

KKyuubi

EDIT: CONFIRMED!

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/10689501/detail.html

(oh yeah, the Circle 5 is coming back too! But now, who's making the graphics? VDO? Giant Octopus? Hothaus? RenderOn? In-House like WKYC?)

Supposedly, WEWS (NewsChannel 5) is going HD tonight, could we have ANOTHER 3 HD Newscast market?

Wow, 2 HD debuts in one weekend, we're like kids in Candy Stores this weekend...even better from what I hear, WOIO may go HD next month too (for sweeps maybe?), could we have the first market with ALL 4 BIG 4 STATIONS IN HD?!

Also, someone noticed that a possible new graphic "slipped out" last night during a weather report (attached), could this will also be the return of their Circle 5?

Nice to see the return of the circle 5.

Okay, who were the designers for the current graphics in Cleveland?

I know this though:

WKYC HD - In House

WJW and WEWS are by Giant Octopus.

Hmm...something tells me it might be Hothaus for some reason

this is exciting for Ohio and Cleveland

Yeah, few markets have 3 HD stations (what other markets are like that?)

I believe Atlanta is the only other one, but actually its only the two (WSB and WXIA) but WXIA has an HD 10 PM news on the local My affiliate. These are three separate news operations so this would truly be the first market with 3 HD stations/news operations.

Is WEWS going to change News music? I like how they use First News. But I still like Series I better, WEWS does a good job with First News series II.

Gari will probably shove EWN: New Generation down their throat. ::)

Nice to see the return of the circle 5.

Okay, who were the designers for the current graphics in Cleveland?

I know this though:

WKYC HD - In House

WJW and WEWS are by Giant Octopus.

Hmm...something tells me it might be Hothaus for some reason

Disagree. The boys in Dallas have been working elsewhere.

The graphics are an update to their current graphics package from Giant Octopus, but the open has changed completely.

Oh, and last night's 11pm open was proceeded by an announcement from John Butte, the GM of the station. He was a bit long winded, but he talked about high definition for awhile. He then tossed it to the new HD control room where they counted down and rolled the open. It was kind of cool.

I'll post video this evening.

Archived