Curses! Anchor Sue Simmons slips

CrashPush

I think she went over the line by saying "Fuck" in Local Television shocking many viewers probably, even if it is pre-taped, there is really no excuse for that especially if you've been on the air for so many years.

I don't know if you've ever spent time in a real TV station aside from just a school field trip, but you can't swing a dead cat without hearing someone saying "fuck".

Also you went on and on and I think I read something about her being terminated and using this as a reason. I doubt that...

This will blow over soon enough.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue was back and the 10:30pm news preview looked taped and was free of curses.

You need to remember that segment is usually taped, Chuck never read his part and that's why she said what she said.

Sue was back and the 10:30pm news preview looked taped and was free of curses.

You need to remember that segment is usually taped, Chuck never read his part and that's why she said what she said.

Unfortunately the twelve year olds on this forum won't be able to ascertain what you have just said and will continue to bash her.

Do you guys think Sue will be suspended for that f-bomb incident? For example, look at this sports director from KSNW in Wichita, Kansas. he got two-days for dropping the f-bomb during a sports report.

[yt]TEidQIAaRcY[/yt]

it could have been a mistake in master control--the wrong tease 'take' could have been loaded into the system, without the people realizing it until it aired....

I.E.--Shit happens. I can guarantee you most of your local anchors talk like that frequently, especially when they've had a long day and are tired...this is not a reason for her to be fired, she didn't intend to 'harm' the public...but, now that people will bitch and moan about it, they may end up 'suspending her' just to shut the complainers up for a few days.

Give Sue a break.

Ditto. I don't think one four-letter word is going to wreck the career of a respected news anchor in the number one market. Now what would the ABC7 fanboys say if Bill Ritter asked Liz Cho what the F*** she was doing during a news tease?

Do you guys think Sue will be suspended for that f-bomb incident? For example, look at this sports director from KSNW in Wichita, Kansas. he got two-days for dropping the f-bomb during a sports report.

[yt]TEidQIAaRcY[/yt]

I wouldn't have wanted to hear that, but I certainly doubt WNBC will suspend Simmons.

I highly doubt that Sue will be suspended for this. She sincerely apologized for it, and I hope that management will forgive her. We're all human. No one is perfect. Besides, I don't hear calls for her firing, anyway.

So the Post seems to suggest that Sue curses regularly. To me the whole thing isn't a big deal. But I wonder what was Chuck's reaction? Imagine he replied "None of your ****ing business." That would have been funny.

Ditto. I don't think one four-letter word is going to wreck the career of a respected news anchor in the number one market. Now what would the ABC7 fanboys say if Bill Ritter asked Liz Cho what the F*** she was doing during a news tease?

Well every management is different, and this is the first known time she's did that. In fact Bill Evans and Steve Bartelstein had argued over the air at one point, so its really nothing major. People have bad days and such and that shouldn't be grounds for termination. The point I made earlier was that WNBC is financially struggling as they supposedly have the highest paid local news team in America. So thats why I'm saying if they did let her go for budget cutting, which I highly doubt they would, they could use that incident as an alibi to her termination.

Sue is a well respected anchor known by veteran citizens of this city and loyal viewers. So that alone will make WNBC think twice, if they are even thinking of that.

So the Post seems to suggest that Sue curses regularly. To me the whole thing isn't a big deal. But I wonder what was Chuck's reaction? Imagine he replied "None of your ****ing business." That would have been funny.

For two people that have been together for so long, I can only imagine what his response to her would have been like.

For two people that have been together for so long, I can only imagine what his response to her would have been like.

From the looks of it, Chuck snoozed through it...so he must be used to her behavior by now.

I actually think the scenario of this being an opportunity of letting her go to save money isn't that farfetched. However, I don't think it's likely. It's not like she was drunk and called a police officer a dyke. Considering the situation that she didn't know it was a live tease, I don't think it'll happen. There obviously was some miscommunication.

Sue has made it to the Late Show.

Dave did a bit where he goes to answer his cell phone, he says hello and then we hear Sue say "What the fu©k are you doing." and the the phone disconnects.

I'm not alarmed by the fact that she used the word; I'm more so shocked at how rude she was to her longtime co-anchor. I can understand swearing when you're working in such a high-pressure industry, but such a vicious outburst was uncalled for, and I agree with what someone else said about it reflecting on her true, off-camera character. That's what would concern the viewer the most, I would say.

I'm not alarmed by the fact that she used the word; I'm more so shocked at how rude she was to her longtime co-anchor. I can understand swearing when you're working in such a high-pressure industry' date=' but such a vicious outburst was uncalled for, and I agree with what someone else said about it reflecting on her true, off-camera character. That's what would concern the viewer the most, I would say.[/quote']

And even so, we all talk colloquially with our friends. My best friends and I are often doing just what Sue did, assuming she was talking to Chuck. I had a partner at work tonight who was not exactly carrying her weight, and I said just the same thing to her. It actually got her to smile. We're a great team together, and we just shoot the shit, like anyone else. It doesn't mean that the "off camera" "true" persona of Sue is that of a egomaniacal bitch. She could just be close enough to her coworkers that they know when she's serious and when she's not.

This morning at 7:30, the Today Show used this flub for a story. It was lighthearted and I agree that it was a mistake, even one a person on the air for close to 30 years in the nations top market should be extremely aware of, but it was just that, a mistake. We all make them. She apologized and moved on, which was good. We know that later down the road she and Chuck will laugh at the whole thing.

I'm not alarmed by the fact that she used the word; I'm more so shocked at how rude she was to her longtime co-anchor. I can understand swearing when you're working in such a high-pressure industry' date=' but such a vicious outburst was uncalled for, and I agree with what someone else said about it reflecting on her true, off-camera character. That's what would concern the viewer the most, I would say.[/quote']

And the fact that you said makes you either an idiot or a person that has no friends. I've said plenty worse than that to friends of mine, esp when they need a swift kick in the ass (which clearly if you look at Chuck in the few frames we see him in the video, he looked like he was on another planet).

Archived