Is SINCRAP the worst broadcaster on Earth?

CharlotteTV

I voted yes, but I'm really not sure. It could go either to Sinclair or the Nexstar.

At least Sinclair is passing network HDTV.

Maybe in your market. Its not passed on in St.Louis, one of several reasons they are considered a second rate, poor broadcaster. To see a major network (the big 3) affiliate fill its time with syndicated shows, religious programs, and informercials when not broadcasting network programs is purely a joke in a top 25 market. Its an embarrasment to say the least.

When did KDNL stop passing HD? Last time I checked (last year), they were passing it. In fact, I think almost all of Sinclair's stations are doing HD.

I know that WRLH Fox 35 in Richmond is, as is WXLV ABC45 in Greensboro. I couldn't tell you about WLFL/WRDC/WMYV, the other Sinclair stations I see once in a while, as I haven't done any DXing since the flip. But I know that WLFL as WB22 and WMYV as UPN48 both did HD, and WRDC as UPN28 might have done it near the end as well. It would surprise me if WLFL/WRDC/WMYV were not passing HD.

- Trip

WTVZ is doing all MNTV programming in SD, and they stretch everything...

WTVZ12.jpg

WTVZ13.jpg

Guest Former Member 207

I saw a blurb on DCRTV.com today stating that Sinclair could its pull its TV stations off of Comcast cable systems by February 5th, if they the two can't get a deal worked out. Simply, Sinclair wants compensation for its stations, while Comcast says no. Anybody who knows the Comcast systems clusters, they control a nice stretch of systems from New Jersey all the way to parts of Virginia to the south, and which would include Sinclair's home market of Baltimore (in fact, Comcast is the primary cable provider for almost the entire Baltimore-D.C. region, with Cox in some areas). They say this could effect 30 stations in 23 markets.

Archived