Andre Hepkins Axed at Fox

SuitSnob

That makes 3 firings at WNYW since Doctor's inception. There's this ad with Ernie and Rosanna about how they love New York and etc..., well in it Rosanna talks about how long she's been in NY and she said she's not going anywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if she got the axe? I don't know what Doctor is planning, but I just can't see WNYW living up to their slogan "the most powerful name in local news". IMO, they really lost integrity when they filled air time during the 10pm broadcast with American Idol. I just don't see them competing against the giants WCBS, WNBC, WABC.

That makes 3 firings at WNYW since Doctor's inception. There's this ad with Ernie and Rosanna about how they love New York and etc..., well in it Rosanna talks about how long she's been in NY and she said she's not going anywhere. Wouldn't it be funny if she got the axe? I don't know what Doctor is planning, but I just can't see WNYW living up to their slogan "the most powerful name in local news". IMO, they really lost integrity when they filled air time during the 10pm broadcast with American Idol. I just don't see them competing against the giants WCBS, WNBC, WABC.

I think Ernie have a better chance of getting axe than Rosanna. I remembered reading an article sometime ago when Ernie left channel 2, Dianne Doctor mentioned that he wasn't a part of their future plans.

So they are axing people to compete with the big boys, I wonder which big name anchor they will they throw a bag of money to save that place. Like CBS2 and CBS News quick fixes never work.

How many years/months does Ernie have left in his contract? If it's a long term contract I don't think they should "Roz Abrams" him, you know firing him and yet still paying him. Didn't Nick try out for a position as the lead meteorologist at WCBS when Doctor was there and didn't get the job, would he get the axe?

Can you imaging if they bring Roz Abrams back!?

Roz had a long term contract with CBS2 so I guess she would not be on air for another 3 or 4 years. If Dianne is still there then it would not be impossible.

Archived