Dick Standish leaving; Robin MacIntosh not far behind

FJ2000

Dick Standish is "retiring" at the end of this week. There is a nice slideshow of photos on CBS 3's website. Also, CBS 3 announced Robin MacIntosh is retiring sometime during the summer. What a shame, both of them will be missed.

Not to be mean, but IMO Dick Standish should have hung it up years ago. He always sounds like he is making up his reports off the top of his head. Its like he doesn't even write out his packages before doing the VOs.

Robin Mackintosh is still a great reporter and I think he could go another five years no problem, but it is good that he will go out on his terms instead of letting 3 force him out.

Not to be mean, but IMO Dick Standish should have hung it up years ago. He always sounds like he is making up his reports off the top of his head. Its like he doesn't even write out his packages before doing the VOs.

Dick also needs to stop shopping at Goodwill.

He always sounds like he is making up his reports off the top of his head. Its like he doesn't even write out his packages before doing the VOs.

Funfact: A kid at my school died in a car accident. Mr. Standish got his name wrong.

Funfact: A kid at my school died in a car accident. Mr. Standish got his name wrong.

I'm going to jump in here and reverse the thread a bit.

Why the need to bash Dick Standish? This guy has reported -damn well, might I add- for over 30 years in our community. I know he CAN roll live without a script in his hand; more often than not, reporters don't get the luxury of time to crank out "the perfect script" or even a brief one. The difference is that there are ones who can do it smoothly, and there are some that can't even get their name out if it's not on the paper in their hand. Take a look at what he's covered over his career. That speaks volumes.

He does have his own style. No doubts about that. But Dick is an extremely skilled reporter, a very knowledgeable man and, perhaps above all, a true class act (much harder in this business than you might think).

Archived