10 & 29 COMBO????

ThunderJay27

From Laura Nachman.....http://www.lauranachman.net/

Fox29 and NBC10 Share Resources

An NBC10 spokesperson confirmed that in a one-week experiment that started Monday, NBC10 and Fox29 will share resources, including station helicopters and video.

Fox29 will provide chopper services in the morning and NBC10 will provide chopper services in the evening.

On a national level, Fox and NBC are combining for the new web site, http://www.hulu.com.

In other NBC10 news, industry sources say that some freelance reporters including Byron Scott are being taken off the schedule. Also, the current weekend morning anchor team of John Blunt and Lynn Berry will be split, where one will report and one will anchor.

An NBC10 spokesperson said the station's policy is to not comment on personnel issues.

Something I can tell you is don't be surprised if you see this kind of thing happening more and more at other TV stations and other networks, even in the top markets, within the next 5 years or so. Also, don't be surprised if you see this happening with direct competitors in a particular market. Stations' budgets are very tight these days and this is something that management at numerous TV stations at various networks have been having meetings about for a few months now. WLS anchorman Ron Magers was also talking about this on Roe Conn (a radio show on WLS 890 AM in Chicago) not too long ago.

Seems like this benefits 10 a lot more than 29 -- 29 most likely wouldn't have their chopper up much in the evening anyway seeing as they only have an hour and a half of news total after 12NN compared to 10's [st]four[/st] three hours.

Anybody want to put some bets down on when 10 axes the 10PM news on 17?

Seems like this benefits 10 a lot more than 29 -- 29 most likely wouldn't have their chopper up much in the evening anyway seeing as they only have an hour and a half of news total after 12NN compared to 10's four hours.

Anybody want to put some bets down on when 10 axes the 10PM news on 17?

I'll go with that bet. I'm actually surprised they haven't sold that part to have some money.

• 2 months later...

Haven't heard anything about it, basically, since it was announced. Rumors abound regarding NBC's sale of O&Os and I've heard rumblings coming out of WPHL that they may be doing their own news again. (This is independent of Sam Horn's comment above.)

Could make for some interesting changes...

Haven't heard anything about it, basically, since it was announced. Rumors abound regarding NBC's sale of O&Os and I've heard rumblings coming out of WPHL that they may be doing their own news again. (This is independent of Sam Horn's comment above.)

Could make for some interesting changes...

They are sharing content now from what I've seen and heard. That would be interesting if PHL does their own news again though.

Archived