The Doc's First Move: Corning Dropped from GDNY

first on fox

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no shame here. He is keeping himself in the public eye and doing what he does with skill and professionalism; and it's not as if he was hawking juicers with Billy Mayes on late night TV, he's featuring top professionals and it is tastefully done. As long as he doesn't try to teach other men how to dress in suits he can continue to do this with class and grace until something more high-profile that takes full advantage of his many talents comes along.

He's not working for Howdini. I was a producer at FOX until June and Ron was loaned out to Howdini as part of a shared agreement/cross promotion deal. We used Howdini experts on Good Day, and Ron hosted segments on Howdini. That gift wrapping segment is from Christmas of last year. I know it as fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god!!! He included the kikachu!!!! (great suit that day though...too bad he got fur all over it)

Oh my god....the clip from the Oscars where he is wearing the tux with a jewel button closure instead of a tie...clearly that is from his pre-SuitSnob Reform days.

Oh my god...a shot of one of his most notorious outfits...where he wore the jacket from the FORBIDDEN SUIT with jeans! And again, the notorious wearing of the FORBIDDEN SUIT on the 9/11 anniversary!

Oh my god...wearing an open-collar shirt while doing the news.

Oh my god...the ugly Hawaiian shirt with the puka beads!

(now going to watch the news reel)

• 3 weeks later...

First off, regarding Corning wearing an open collar shirt on GDNY... Since when has anyone really thought of GDNY as a real new show? I haven't since Jim Ryan left, and even then it was far from being news.

And if I recall, he normally only did it on Fridays, which I didn't mind at all, and I doubt many other viewers did as well.

Secondly, I don't care what anyone says; Jodi and Ron were the best team GDNY had since Chris Gailus left. They had great chemistry, and were really a pleasure to wake up to. I'm glad Jodi got hired by WCBS 880. At least she'll still be in NYC. I hope Ron gets another job in New York. I as well as alot of other New Yorkers to miss him.

OMG i can't stop laughing!! In a clip from Ron's youtube compilation, he and Jodi Applegate are interviewing Bob Saget...

Saget (standing between Jodi & Ron): "You two are like Lucy & Ricky"

Corning: "She's Ricky, I'm Lucy"

Saget: "I understand"

I luv it!!!!

First off, regarding Corning wearing an open collar shirt on GDNY... Since when has anyone really thought of GDNY as a real new show? I haven't since Jim Ryan left, and even then it was far from being news.

And if I recall, he normally only did it on Fridays, which I didn't mind at all, and I doubt many other viewers did as well.

Actually he used to do it pretty often and not only on Fridays. As far as going tieless, I call your attention to an article that wasn't even written by me, recently linked in the Male Fashion Disasters thread:

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/12/03/news/z04anchors.txt

Ever notice that Regis never goes tieless? That's because the man is OLD SCHOOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Ron Corning. He should have hung on at ABC a little longer! I thought he did a find job on their morning programs. He had a pleasant face and voice apt for early television. Had he managed to stay, he could have been up there with David Muir as a correspondent for World News! :D

• 6 months later...

Though it is grey and atrocious, it is not THE SUIT, which was a plaid with notch lapels. I truly hope they made Ronnie dress in that high-fashion disaster and that it wasn't his choice. What is the purpose of trying to look like a hipster on a webcast aimed at small business people?

Archived