KIRO web goof

semistatic

Doesn't look like "someone forgot" - looks like either a programming glitch inserted video accidentally from another Internet Broadcasting Systems website -- or more likely, someone at KIRO elected to add that video to the site because it'd be of interest to local viewers.

The picture correctly pertains to the story that is next to it, so it wasn't just someone uploading the wrong picture.

Doesn't look like "someone forgot" - looks like either a programming glitch inserted video accidentally from another Internet Broadcasting Systems website -- or more likely, someone at KIRO elected to add that video to the site because it'd be of interest to local viewers.

The picture correctly pertains to the story that is next to it, so it wasn't just someone uploading the wrong picture.

Too bad they don't have a [sarcasm] or [tongue in cheek] button; apparently some people need something more direct - I was being facetious.

Even though both stations are owned by Cox, it is still unusual to see another stations logo bug on a website. In this instance, it really doesn't "correctly pertain" to the story aside from possibly giving attribution to the original author/producer. A "pertinent" image would've been the In-n-Out Burger logo, a Heisman trophy, etc.

But I really just thought it was an odd sight...

Too bad they don't have a [sarcasm] or [tongue in cheek] button; apparently some people need something more direct - I was being facetious.

Even though both stations are owned by Cox, it is still unusual to see another stations logo bug on a website. In this instance, it really doesn't "correctly pertain" to the story aside from possibly giving attribution to the original author/producer. A "pertinent" image would've been the In-n-Out Burger logo, a Heisman trophy, etc.

And you thought WTVT's promos appearing on WHBQ's MyFox site was ironic enough (but that mixup wasn't easy to prevent, they have simliar 13's)

And you thought WTVT's promos appearing on WHBQ's MyFox site was ironic enough (but that mixup wasn't easy to prevent, they have simliar 13's)

Yeah, it's kind of strange - with the popularity of news websites, online branding is just as important as on-air branding. I'm sure KIRO viewers would be surprised to see a WFTV promo on-air :)

Not only that, but WNYW's promos appearing on WTTG's MyFox site could be ironic as well. Both stations have similar 5s.

Archived