WPIX transition to HD

NYNews

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look nice, but i was expecting a bit more. The L3s and lotto graphics are a nice improvements. It seems there are no L3s for the tease though.

Add: The L3s for the sport scores are nice as well. They also seem to have a new Tribune Broadcasting ID at the end.

The intro graphics i thought were somewhat similar to WCBS's. The movements on the L3s were too fast, they should slow them down just a bit. It seems the CW logo is not incorporated in the background in the graphics, like how WCBS has the Eye, which I was hoping for. As seen in the caps from DMA above, the logo in the TV screen behind Mary and Peter should be improved upon. It looks too plain.

Damn, I never thought that WPIX would really make that much improvement for their HD launch Tonight.

WGN started using that new "Tribune Broadcasting" ID for their

after Zell took over the company a few months ago. And the copyright font on the caption is finally the same as WGN only their's are in gold. And it's nice to see that in the 16:9 caption.

I'm happy they kept the Non-Stop Music package. And I'm hoping WGN make their graphics as good as CW11 when they get their HD launch soon.

WPIX looks great. I can not wait until Monday morning for the morning graphics and open. I bet the morning news will look very nice. I love the news open the best and how the CW moves into the backgound.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a ripoff of WCBS...or perhaps the same company (not sure which one) produced the WPIX graphics. These graphics rocks!

Nonetheless, WPIX is doing a great job for being owned by Tribune Inc., much unlike KTLA.

They've been using that "CW 11 HD" logo during Mets broadcasts on that channel since the season began a few weeks ago (and an alternate version with a proportionally larger "HD" appears in the upper right in the score bar).

Those are the second best graphics in the New York Area, very well designed. WCBS still in my opinion is #1. But they are phenomenal as well. Its now WNYW's turn to step up to the game.

Archived