WREG, other NYT stations, to be sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners

Jterry

And look who reported the story, lol...

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5892827

The New York Times Company has reportedly agreed to sell it's nine television stations, including WREG in Memphis, to Oak Hill Capital Partners for a total price of $575 million.

The transaction is subject to regulartory approval and is expected to close in the first half of 2007.

WQAD was among those, so im glad to here nothing is going to change.

Opposite here... WTKR will continue to suck.

We'll just have to thank our lucky stars they all weren't sold to Gray, Media General, Nexstar, or Montecito.

Does anyone know if they will get a custom music package, I hope not, I love WQADs package- First News by Gari.

Hard to tell as this company has never owned TV stations before, but chances I imagine are low for such a thing, probably because of that very fact. WREG just changed music a few weeks ago due to the SESAC situation, hopefully they don't have to change again!

Yeah, that is a little weird, How did the station say it? Where they a little rude about it, cause that seems a little different that they would do that. WQAD just came out and announced it.

WMC announced it just like it was any other news story, I guess a "Local Business Story", if you will. Very strange indeed. No other stations, not even WREG, unless I missed it, mentioned this...

Archived