Steve Keeley co-hosts Good Day, proceeds to savage Farr, Price, Management

Jess

John and Sheinelle were off, so Steve Keeley co-hosted with Sue Serio. It's the first time I've seen him host the show. While he usually plays the straight-laced reporter role on Good Day, this morning he was belting out sarcastic one liners with abandon.

It was particularly funny when, during the broadcast, they marked Good Day's 12th birthday. The names of several previous co-hosts were brought up. Keeley was blunt:

--Don Tollefson - "Probably the best co-host of Good Day, and I hope he recovers from that car crash." (He was in a car crash? Didn't hear that anywhere...)

--Dave Price - "Don't flip, but he's the weatherman now on that HORRIBLE show over on CBS!"

--Christian Farr - "Yeah, he coincided with a low period for the show." (OUCH.)

And earlier, When introducing Michele Williams, he noted that she does reports for every other Fox 29 newscast - "she's three reporters for the price of one", and to my knowledge said that management probably loved that - a reference to the layoffs and the reports of unionization.

Yeah. He was pretty damn outspoken today. It was a blast to watch.

John and Sheinelle were off, so Steve Keeley co-hosted with Sue Serio. It's the first time I've seen him host the show. While he usually plays the straight-laced reporter role on Good Day, this morning he was belting out sarcastic one liners with abandon.

I take it you're not familiar with his on air feud with Jen Fred?

Well, yeah, the on-air feud with Jen Fred has been well known. This is pretty much the first time I've seen him hosting the show, and I didn't know exactly *how* sarcastic he could get.

The line about Farr was priceless though.

I watched Monday morning, the first day he and Sue were filling in...and as he made mention of "filling in"...he went on to say "ya know Sue---you and I are in a BAD PLACE!"...to which Sue who obviously didn't know where he was going with the question said "hehehehe, where would THAT be Steve?" and he indicated "you and I are in the EJECTOR SEATS it seems with all the PAST anchors who have sat here..." Sue said nothing, but just laughed and quickly went on...

Archived