Is Kathi Geortzen moving on?

alaskanews

If only you are more specific as to WHICH channel four...is it KOMO?

sorry i didnt realize that there was more than one kathi geortzen in the country who anchors a newscast, and more than on channel 4 in seattle.

yes KOMO

sorry i didnt realize that there was more than one kathi geortzen in the country who anchors a newscast, and more than on channel 4 in seattle.

yes KOMO

Don't get sarcastic with me. I live in MARYLAND, not Washington State. Don't expect me to immediately figure out who's who in Seattle news. Speaking of which, since when did you post anything about Seattle or KOMO the first time around?

yes KOMO

Don't get sarcastic with me. I live in MARYLAND, not Washington State. Don't expect me to immediately figure out who's who in Seattle news. Speaking of which, since when did you post anything about Seattle or KOMO the first time around?

Well, did you have an answer to his question or not? You seemed pretty eager at first...

yes KOMO

Well, did you have an answer to his question or not? You seemed pretty eager at first...

Sure. Based on the little information I can gather, I think Kathi wants to change her schedule around a bit to spend as much time as she can with her daughters. Initially, she left the 11 p.m. spot for that reason, but Kathi may have realized she could have more free time with them if she gave up the 4 p.m. spot.

That's just my speculation, though. She is now back behind the anchor's seat for the 11:00 newscast. So, to answer your question, CERTAINLY NOT! ;D

its ok, ive come up with an answer myself, after doing some investigating, since this thread was no help:

Mary Nam switched with Kathi Geortzen, Kathi would cover the 5 because Eric Johnson (the former sports director turned anchor) also anchors the 5 and their new general manager probably wanted a familiar face there since mary nam got promoted from weekend morning news.

so Nam now does just the 4 as far as i can gather, as Goertzen is now doing the 5, 6 and 11.

Archived