WTMJ-TV Airs Local Programming Over "Law and Order; Criminal Intent"

Weeters

Instead of airing the first hour of NBC Primetime, notorious affiliate WTMJ is airing two half-hour long local programs called "I-Team Special" and "Positively Milwaukee". This should be the final straw for WTMJ, which has lately been preempting programming all day for snow coverage.

Oh come on, stations do this all the time. It's a good thing I get other Canadian channels, I swear I could count how many times WDIV pre-empted 1 vs. 100 for Auto Show specials and NBA games. But hey, least E! doesn't go all NEW EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION SUNDAY 8/7C, but in Canada at times, you have to contend with something even worse than NBC's stupid promos.

But hey, least they pre-empted that stupid Amnesia trainwreck last week for some Basketball :)

Oh come on, stations do this all the time. It's a good thing I get other Canadian channels, I swear I could count how many times WDIV pre-empted 1 vs. 100 for Auto Show specials and NBA games.

But hey, least they pre-empted that stupid Amnesia trainwreck last week for some Basketball :)

Late. To. The. Party.

Where were you when the WEAR thread was going down?

Now, Mario, take it in stride.

If anything, let us teach you that this happens all the time. You can't get all up in arms just because WEAR preempts something, just like WTMJ is preempting Criminal Intent.

Television is a business, not a hobby or a game; someone who truly appreciates the medium will understand and accept that the people running the stations have an obligation to not only please a majority of the viewers, but to be profitable as well.

Like a school teacher, it's not easy to teach others something new.

Guest Former Member 207

Seriously, shouldn't be a surprise coming from WTMJ? This is a station (and pretty much the entire market for that matter) that has historically pre-empted network shows for local programming. I'm sure that Criminal Intent was a rerun, so no need to go apeshit over a program that you can catch already on USA (same first-run episodes air concurrently on both networks).

Seriously, shouldn't be a surprise coming from WTMJ? This is a station (and pretty much the entire market for that matter) that has historically pre-empted network shows for local programming. I'm sure that Criminal Intent was a rerun, so no need to go apeshit over a program that you can catch already on USA (same first-run episodes air concurrently on both networks).

You need to read this first http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=3405

This entire thread is mocking that one.

Guest Former Member 207
You need to read this first http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=3405

This entire thread is mocking that one.

Oh, I read that thread, actually the day before yesterday. I understand the point this thread, and the mocking of the other thread. I was simply making a point here. I can agree that it's the end of the world when a particular program you want to see isn't shown. In this day of age of internet and DVDs, it's that big of a deal. Many networks are re-running most of their top programs on their websites anyways.

It does kill sometimes when people make these statements when their favorite shows aren't shown locally. Either be resourceful and find other means of watching your shows or just get the hell over it.

Archived