History Channel Bug

squiggyfm1

You're only so used to looking at a logo, that by the time they change it, it comes up without notice, leaving many wondering "WTF?!".

And I thought WSMV's new "circle 4" bug was a mess.

This is nowhere near the disaster that the WSMV or Animal Planet logos were, though. Not a bad change, but probably just a change for change's sake.

Yeah can we get the old History Channel logo and graphics back please? If anything the arrow should be facing the left. It's the history channel, not the future channel.

Also, note they're not identifying themselves as the History Channel anymore. The word "History" stands alone both on-screen and in any VO's.

Interesting that they must put the name plates on their shows in Master Control rather than having them burned into the original tapes. An old Modern Marvels on this afternoon had the new style name bar flying in and out during it.

Interesting that they must put the name plates on their shows in Master Control rather than having them burned into the original tapes. An old Modern Marvels on this afternoon had the new style name bar flying in and out during it.

Doesn't this happen on every cable channel?

Doesn't this happen on every cable channel?

Especially History, who changes their logo periodically throughout the year for certain events and reflections; and who sells these shows to their audience.

Wouldn't make much sense to have a logo up for the course of the entire show when a snipe for a miniseries or a new show is often incorporated into the logo, either.

Especially History, who changes their logo periodically throughout the year for certain events and reflections; and who sells these shows to their audience.

Wouldn't make much sense to have a logo up for the course of the entire show when a snipe for a miniseries or a new show is often incorporated into the logo, either.

I don't mean the logo bug or their snipes. I'm talking about the lower thirds that come in for people who are interviewed in the shows. I would've thought the lower thirds, like the credits that air at the end of their programs, were done in the edit sessions rather than in the live stream coming from their MC facility. This would be like having somebody at Discovery throwing lower thirds in live for Dirty Jobs, Cash Cab, and every other show they have every time it airs.

Honestly, this actually looks quite nice. Much better than the thrown-together stuff they've been using for the last few years.

NOTHING will beat, however, the look they used circa 2000-2001. That was probably as perfect as you can get as far as overall looks go.

The Lower-Thirds likely aren't on the tapes because this makes it easier for them to change the design without having to edit their entire library of tapes. This also allows them to go (if they ever want to) with a left side bug without covering the supers on the tapes.

I don't mean the logo bug or their snipes. I'm talking about the lower thirds that come in for people who are interviewed in the shows.

Ah, gotcha. When I heard "name plates," I was searching for something that made sense to me. I never thought of the lowers.

Indeed, that doesn't make sense. I've seen some programs with an way-too-tiny lower, and most with the normal one-- and it doesn't seem right that they're not on the master copies. Hm...

Well, in some respects, the move makes sense since it really gives it a science-type feel, but I might agree with some of you here that it doesn't really feel like a channel logo as much as something you'd likely see in a magazine.

Science Channel's new graphics look a bit like a periodic table for the stuff they use inside shows. It's actually pretty cool. The promo tags are basic white, with the same font and clean lines carried over from the logo. Pretty simple, but looks great to me, especially in HD.

Archived