Alycia's Court Date Moved to Feb 25

TSSZNews

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/dan_gross/20080207_Dan_Gross__Alycias_hearing_moves_up.html

"Alycia Lane will now face a criminal hearing in Manhattan on Feb. 25, not April 3 as previously scheduled, a spokeswoman at the Manhattan district attorney's office confirmed yesterday. No reason was given as to why the hearing was moved up six weeks."

Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

This crossed my e-mail this morning from " TVSpy ShopTalk"

...from Philadelphia...today is the day for former KYW, CBS3 anchor Alycia Lane. Today she learns her fate in a New York courtroom: Alycia Lane about to walk free?

F_0_Alycia-Lane_a_320.jpg

From Michael Klein at the Philadelphia Inquirer:

The camera loves Alycia Lane, and I hear it's a camera that will help her walk out of a New York City courtroom an almost-free woman tomorrow.

The anchor's life and career were shaken Dec. 16 when she was arrested in Manhattan and charged with hitting a police officer after a traffic tiff. Her station, CBS3, fired her two weeks later.

A source says a video that may cast doubt on the initial police report surfaced last month, prompting frank conversations between the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and Lane attorney David Smith. At tomorrow's hearing, the People of the State of New York are expected to formally agree to an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal.

Under an ACD, if Lane stays out of trouble for six months, her record will be wiped clean. She will carry neither a guilty plea nor a conviction.

No one surrounding the case - Smith, Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Mike Greenman, or Lane - returned calls for comment.

Meanwhile, a civil case that Lane attorney Paul R. Rosen filed last month in Common Pleas Court against CBS was moved to federal court at the request of John Elliott, the Ambler litigator who reps CBS. Rosen, of Philly's Spector Gadon & Rosen, seeks depositions from CBS3 management in anticipation of what may be a wrongful-termination suit.

At issue is $2.5 million, as Lane had more than 31/2 years remaining on a contract that paid $700,000-plus a year. Rosen says he's trying to get the legal matter returned to Philadelphia.

Well, It looks like she will get away with nothing

Well, It looks like she will get away with nothing

I think you mean she got away with it. She didn't get away with nothing -- she obvs. did something.

Anyway, I'd hardly say that she got away with it -- she did lose her job.

I think you mean she got away with it. She didn't get away with nothing -- she obvs. did something.

Anyway, I'd hardly say that she got away with it -- she did lose her job.

Agreed sir. She may have won her court case but she lost big time in the court of public opinion and that cost her her job.

Archived