FOX NFL Sunday

Guest cfif

Guest Milwaukee12

FOX broadcasts in 720p. It could just be your capture device. Also, one game per week is broadcast in Enhanced Widescreen. What game are you getting?

Guest Milwaukee12

I don't think their pregame show is HD, though. Fox is notorious for broadcasting programs in 480p widescreen, which is likely what this is.

Probably the case. Though their sports coverage are awesome compared to the other networks.

FOX broadcasts in 720p. It could just be your capture device. Also, one game per week is broadcast in Enhanced Widescreen. What game are you getting?

WFTX decided to give me Dallas-Detroit...which looks like it's in good HD quality to me, I think it was NFL Sunday which was in the terrible picture.

I never noticed that the pregame wasn't in HD before. Probably because I don't have an HDTV but have an HD tuner (Directv).

(Go Pack! :( )

Fox can do six games in high definition per week. Today they're broadcasting seven games, and the game I'll be seeing at 1:00 p.m. (Arizona at San Diego) is the one that's stuck with SD widescreen. But hey, at least Fox does their SD stuff in widescreen, unlike CBS, and Fox does twice the number of games in HD than CBS.

And yes, the Fox NFL studio is not in high definition yet.

I just heard the San Francisco-Denver game is using the old score bar, and TitanTV is showing the game as being in standard definition on KTVU-DT. I'm currently stuck watching the Arizona-San Diego game right now in glorious standard definition widescreen on XETV-DT.

Now that I think about it...one of Fox Sports' HD production trucks is most likely in Phoenix (or on its way there) tonight for tomorrow's Fiesta Bowl. So maybe an older standard-definition truck is in Denver, doing the 49ers-Broncos game, and the current Fox Sports SD truck is in San Diego right now doing the Cardinals-Chargers game.

Guest Milwaukee12

FOX switched the games on both WITI and WNYW from the Eagles to the Boncos game. The Eagles game was in HD but the Broncos game isn't.

Towards the end of the game, Curt Menefee explained the original production truck assigned to the 49ers-Broncos game was stuck somewhere along I-70, which was closed due to weather. Apparently Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain assisted in getting the game on the air (which explains the FSN-esque score line). Whatever the graphics, it was a fantastic game, especially if you're a lifelong 49er fan like me!

That explains a lot because when they showed the highlights on NBC's halftime show and then again on WLS, I was wondering why the highlights from that game started out with the old scorebar and then were just footage without any graphics at all.

I guess you just have to work with what you got...plus with FSN still using the older graphics for everything else, few people probably notice (or care).

Aside from Menefee screwing up the game winning field goal call (in fairness a tough call when he tried to beat the refs to the signal), he did a fine job in relief play by play. I know he was like a 4th or 5th tier guy last year and I know he's Joe Buck's understudy, but the man deserves a shot at something more, don't ya think?

Guest Milwaukee12

FOX switched the games on both WITI and WNYW from the Eagles to the Boncos game. The Eagles game was in HD but the Broncos game isn't.

I thought they switched once the Eagles game ended.

I think that's what he meant.

It seemed like they cut the game early here for some reason. One minute there was 5 minutes left in the Eagles game then the Broncos game showed up. Oh, well. I guess it pays to pay attention. :)

Archived