Susan Barnett anchors the 6 and 11pm News

This is from Philly.com:

Barnett in for Alycia

Expect CBS 3's Susan Barnett to co-anchor the 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts with Larry Mendte during February sweeps and possibly beyond. Barnett, a Bucks County native, started at CBS 3 in January 2006 and anchored alongside Ukee Washington in the mornings before being demoted last year to general-assignment reporting.

Wow, I thought they were a few steps away from dumping her. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. I've said in the past that I don't see anybody who could step in, but I'll change my opinion to say Susan Barnett could work out after a while. She did a good job last night.

I think Susan will do well. She's from the area, so people should be able to recognize her pretty quickly. I liked her in the mornings. She's got a good look for the camera, she knows her stuff, and she has good credentials. Good luck to her.

Am I wrong, or has Susan Barnett lowered her voice? I did not see her often when she was on in the a.m., but when I saw her tonight her voice seemed much lower. I think she does a nice job, but I doubt they'll give her the position permanently.

Am I wrong, or has Susan Barnett lowered her voice? I did not see her often when she was on in the a.m., but when I saw her tonight her voice seemed much lower. I think she does a nice job, but I doubt they'll give her the position permanently.

Just might be a case of that particular strain of flu that is going around. People are getting terrible cases of laryngitis and pharyngitis.

As for looks, I think if she 'unblonded', she'd look eerily similar to Alycia.

If she can keep the momentum KYW had from the November book...she'll stay.

If not...it'll be Larry solo.

Mark my words.

-T

Considered them marked-- I've stamped them "Inaccurate." We've been let down by you before, TSSZ.

Hopefully, Susan will do well. I go to college in Lancaster, but I'm from Philadelphia, and I watch CBS 3 every chance I get. I think Susan will get the job, but it's truly up to the station management.

Hopefully, Susan will do well. I go to college in Lancaster, but I'm from Philadelphia, and I watch CBS 3 every chance I get. I think Susan will get the job, but it's truly up to the station management.

I've watched her a few times this week, and she doesn't seem comfortable, or something. She I always thought was good in the mronign but it seems she is trying to be soemthing she's not. So many of her movements and the way she is trying to speak, are reminding me of Alycia.

She needs to be herself.

Archived