The Weather Channel HD

Vlad

I was just wondering if anyone was able to recieve The Weather Channel in High Definition or if any satellite or cable services are offering it? I believe TWC made the which to HD back in the Fall 2007 last year.

TWC isn't really in HD yet. They're just upconverting. Actual HD long-form shows, and Your Weather Today & Evening Edition launch in HD June 2nd (as of now). The HD facility is to be completed this month, and the set by April. All other live shows will be in HD by year's end, so I hear.

I managed to find some pretty nice HD Local Forecasts though, looks awesome! This is only available in the National Feed (only Satellite Suscribers are able to view the national feed) though Local Feeds have updated Intellistar graphics. Here is one of the many videos that were posted on YouTube of the High Definition Local Forecast.

[yt]aU2Zi_wGASo[/yt]

Guest zas1977

Time Warner Cable in Albany carries the HD channel, and I have come across articles announcing the HD channel on Comcast and Charter systems in some markets, like STL.

There is a great article in B&C today about the TWC "reinvention".

Part of this "reinvention" has the channel moving away from Chroma Key to LCD's and, most impressively, to a new centerpiece, 40-ft rear-projection video wall as part of the HD relaunch.

The studio is also reported to be 4 stories high and 5,000 sqft.

Read More here:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6528309.html

Time Warner Cable in Albany carries the HD channel, and I have come across articles announcing the HD channel on Comcast and Charter systems in some markets, like STL.

There is a great article in B&C today about the TWC "reinvention".

Part of this "reinvention" has the channel moving away from Chroma Key to LCD's and, most impressively, to a new centerpiece, 40-ft rear-projection video wall as part of the HD relaunch.

The studio is also reported to be 4 stories high and 5,000 sqft.

Read More here:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6528309.html

I HATE stations who dont use chroma key, chroma key is so nice, and it dosnt have any glares from lights, and with chroma key, and with the help of some new technology from weather graphics system proivders...you can now have a touch screen built into the chroma key, to apply different symbols...etc.... Hearing this, turns me away....

Archived