NBC 10 Rejiggers Anchors

Jess

From Nachman:

According to industry sources, beginning next week, NBC10 weekend evening anchor Dawn Timmeney will move to the weekday 5 p.m. news to co-anchor with Vince DeMentri. Aditi Roy will move from weekend mornings to weekend evenings, and newcomer Lynn Berry will co-anchor weekend mornings with John Blunt.

It wasn’t that long ago that Timmeney seemed to be on her way out when she was taken off weekday mornings and moved to general assignment reporter. One thing that helped - never underestimate the power of a good hairstyle.

It's not really surprising if you've watched the newscasts lately. They're slowly abandoning the "three different newscasts" experiment. All That and More now has NBC 10 News prefixed to its title, and the first segment is basically presented as a straightforward newscast complete with the normal news look.

Honestly, they need major changes all over the place. I know budget cuts but jeeze.

Don't touch the morning team. Start by putting "10!" back to 10am and today at 11. Throw in the morning team with Wilson replacing Ogden on "10!", although I'd like to see what John can do outside the traffic center.

At 4, return to a newscast, non-traditional, with Tracy Davidson and Jamison Uhler with different features, etc. Lori Wilson would be there along with either (needed new hire) Rob Guarino and/or Hurricane to do weather.

Let's do up "Live at 5" I mean, if we're gonna have it, let's do it big. Vince DeMentri and Denise Nakano with a very "G.M.A.ish/Today SHow mix feel" to it. Put in Rob Guarino to battle against John Bolaris and a mini sports segment.

At 6, pair Tim Lake up with Tracy Davidson, with Renee Chenault-Fattah doing taped segments 3 days of the week. (Although I would love if 10 hit 3 back and went after Ukee Washingon for their top anchor spot.) Hurricane on weather.

At 10, over on 17, Vince and Denise and Rob plus sports.

At 11, Top Team.

Weekends are a toss-up. John Blunt deserves to be promoted to the weekend evenings. Deanna Durante is talented so that could be the Evening Team.

Mornings, well, Kristen Welker would be good, bu idk about the other anchor.

What do yall think?

Honestly, they need major changes all over the place. I know budget cuts but jeeze.

Don't touch the morning team. Start by putting "10!" back to 10am and today at 11. Throw in the morning team with Wilson replacing Ogden on "10!", although I'd like to see what John can do outside the traffic center.

At 4, return to a newscast, non-traditional, with Tracy Davidson and Jamison Uhler with different features, etc. Lori Wilson would be there along with either (needed new hire) Rob Guarino and/or Hurricane to do weather.

Let's do up "Live at 5" I mean, if we're gonna have it, let's do it big. Vince DeMentri and Denise Nakano with a very "G.M.A.ish/Today SHow mix feel" to it. Put in Rob Guarino to battle against John Bolaris and a mini sports segment.

At 6, pair Tim Lake up with Tracy Davidson, with Renee Chenault-Fattah doing taped segments 3 days of the week. (Although I would love if 10 hit 3 back and went after Ukee Washingon for their top anchor spot.) Hurricane on weather.

At 10, over on 17, Vince and Denise and Rob plus sports.

At 11, Top Team.

Weekends are a toss-up. John Blunt deserves to be promoted to the weekend evenings. Deanna Durante is talented so that could be the Evening Team.

Mornings, well, Kristen Welker would be good, bu idk about the other anchor.

What do yall think?

Yeah John Ogden has been in the traffic center since the summer of 2002 I think

I'll be honest; I LIKE the idea of doing different newscasts with different formats. I really do. This idea should have worked, but the execution was completely and utterly botched:

1.) All That and More. The idea is sound - a newscast with more consumer and health stories that isn't a strict hard newscast. WNBC was able to do it with the original Live At Five. Problem is, WCAU went too far - they could have integrated the new stuff with the existing presentation. The fact that they introduced pastel graphics and made it more like a hybrid turned off viewers and allowed KYW to loudly claim it had the only newscast at 4.

2.) Live at Five. OK, hands up - did any of you see a promotion for this? Anyone at all? Thought so. Except for a general Vince DeMentri promo with the words "LIVE AT 5" very very softly in the background, the newscast got drowned out in the sea of promotion for All That and More. Which is a total shame because the new 5pm format was wonderful - lots of longer stories, interviews, and generally more context to everything.

3.) NBC 2.0. Remember the formats were more a result of budget cuts than anything else. The attempt was noble, but the reality meant they couldn't do as much with the idea as they should have.

Archived