Get Ready For Screwups at 6...

takingaction4you

Today's TV News Day article talked about WPVI's plans for a new building; they interviewed their chief engineer and he said they will be implementing Ignite into their current building and bringing it with them to their building across the street.

We have already committed to some new equipment. For example, we’ll be using the Grass Valley Ignite news automation system. We’re already putting that unit into our existing building, mostly for training.

Everyone should start to brace themselves for one interesting newscast after another once it comes in.

(Full Article At: http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2008/01/24/daily.9/?promo)

On that note, has anyone seen a place where Ignite has actually WORKED flawlessly? I haven't watched a newscast from WPXI yet without some technical glitch.

Both KGO and KABC only use their Ignite systems for weekend morning newscasts, so I doubt WPVI will be implementing it for every show. It seems to work OK on KGO's Saturday and Sunday morning shows, but then again, those are fairly easy shows to do with limited, if any live shots and hardly any breaking news.

KTVU has had Ignite for well over a year now and there are still one or two small hiccups every day.

WCAU will have Ross Overdrive this summer. Between the two stations, there's gonna be some interesting television....

Caliwxdude, WPVI *does* plan to use it for every show. Last I heard, they are not even installing audio consoles in the new plant. Both of their control rooms will be built for automation only.

Archived