The Weather Channel HD Set

Guest zas1977

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not sure if I like the music that they went with though, they revamped all of their music yet again. I honestly like the music they had back in 2002-2005.

[yt]wdaKWC8JtGk[/yt]

Would be nice if they brought these back, but its not happening, lol.

[yt]XwaZozUWqhM[/yt]

Honestly, the new look is stellar and probably would work for just about any channel. If only the cable news nets had some of the designers TWC had and they'd probably be over the top in perfection, vs. what they are right now.

whats got me is that in thew promos there is video that they used in the 90s..... like the guy and lady walking along the beach....that was in one of the old opens....

but i do like the set, but not the music

Abrams and Bettes gets their New Set next Monday. Shows like PM Edition still are in the old set. I do like Evening Editions new set and no When Weather changed History anymore in the Evenings but still If it could Happen Tommorow and Full Force Nature on Weekdays.

The Evening Edition from 11pm to 1am has it's own set but how about the Evening Edition that's on from 1am to 3am does it have a new one yet?

How many rooms to do they have in their for HD Sets?

Don't forget PM Edition Weekend and First Outlook to.

The Weekend Evening Edition use the same one that Jim/Paul and Steele use.

Abrams and Bettes gets their New Set next Monday. Shows like PM Edition still are in the old set. I do like Evening Editions new set and no When Weather changed History anymore in the Evenings but still If it could Happen Tommorow and Full Force Nature on Weekdays.

we're not exactly sure if they'll be using the same set as Evening Edition and Your Weather Today, however we do know that there is more in the studio than what we've seen thus far.

We're also unsure if Weekend View will be using the couch area to do their broadcasting come July 12th, but it's almost a guarantee...then again we are talking about TWC here, so who knows what they'll do.

There is no set date (that we know of) of when Day Planner, Weather Center, PM Edition, Weekend Outlook, and Weekend Now will debut in the new HD Studio, or where in that studio exactly they'll broadcast from.

we're not exactly sure if they'll be using the same

There is no set date (that we know of) of when Day Planner, Weather Center, PM Edition, Weekend Outlook, and Weekend Now will debut in the new HD Studio, or where in that studio exactly they'll broadcast from.

However, we do know it'll be before the year's end. :)

The Evening Edition from 11pm to 1am has it's own set but how about the Evening Edition that's on from 1am to 3am does it have a new one yet?

The 1-3 AM ET edition is a rebroadcast of the 11-1 ET edition. BTW, it's not really a different set; the desk is just rotated 90 degrees.

How many rooms to do they have in their for HD Sets?

It's one big room segmented into four different areas: the main desk area, the work desk/A&B desk area, the couch area, and the "side" room where there are green screens and LCD screens used to introduce segments.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, while I like the set overall, I'm not terribly impressed with how they are utilizing it. Perhaps its just some bugs that need to be work out, but it makes it look amateurish (viewing it in SD).

My main complaint is with the lighting along the projection screen. It's an impressive screen, but when the anchors are using it for general weather presentation, it looks very washed out and very obvious that it is a projection screen (meaning I can oftentimes see the corrugated lines on the screen). Often there are very harsh shadows on the talent (cast by arm movement) from key lighting located on the floor (or possibly housed on the backside of the news desk) which just generally looks bad on-air.

When compared to CNN's somewhat similar New York and Washington, DC studios - which are lit and utilized very well, the Weather Channel's new digs come off as less than impressive overall.

Hopefully some of the lighting quirks can be worked out over the next few months, but one would think these problems would have been thought through ahead of time, before the debut.

I agree about the lighting. Sometimes on the left side of the projector wall, the lighting disparity is so great that it looks like a spotlight is shining on the OCM. I think it gets even worse late at night for Evening Edition West Coast when some of the auxiliary lighting on the left side of the wall is shut off, leaving mostly only the key lights on.

Archived