Most (?) of 24 Horas, one of the Colombian separate newscasts in 1986:

With that, here's an HQ version of the graphics:

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brand-new compilation of current news opens -- national, regional, and local -- from Austria:      

A historical compilation of BBC2's Newsnight opens from 1980 to the present:      

From Austria, a preview of ORF eins's new look, which is set to launch next week:    

A compilation of material from Channel 10 Melbourne on the 1983 Ash Wednesday fires, with some glimpses of Collier Concepts' work for the station:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, E. R. said:

A compilation of material from Channel 10 Melbourne on the 1983 Ash Wednesday fires, with some glimpses of Collier Concepts' work for the station:

From the early 1980s (and until the early 2000s), Ten was the only Australian network that frequently aired live reports during its newscasts: they were one step ahead of the competition. Seven, Nine, ABC and SBS rarely aired live "crosses" at that time due to budget and technological limitations.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, E. R. said:

Also, here's a collection of material from various Colombian newscasts in the 80s and 90s:

Some of it's been reposted from other YouTubers (and a lot of it somehow I'd never seen!), but I think it's important to point out that all these newscasts aired on just two channels!

Colombian mixed system TV is both a delight and also a nightmare to figure out.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Samantha said:

Some of it's been reposted from other YouTubers (and a lot of it somehow I'd never seen!), but I think it's important to point out that all these newscasts aired on just two channels!

Colombian mixed system TV is both a delight and also a nightmare to figure out.

Sometimes, I wonder: what if Colombia adopted the Netherlands' pillarized model of public broadcasting?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excerpts of the first night of the "new" Antena 3 Noticias on 14 September 1998. Ernesto Saenz de Buruaga debuted as anchor of the main 9pm newscast, along with the introduction of new graphics, music and a huge studio.

A full episode of Canal 13 Buenos Aires' popular news and current affairs program Monica Presenta from 1979. In this edition, Monica Cahen D'Anvers interviews Buzz Aldrin during his visit to Argentina. The show used an instrumental version of the Kayak song "Starlight Dancer" as its theme. The episode was taken from a special program that aired in 2004, where Monica herself introduces moments from her old show.

Edited by onthesea
  • Like 1